Manchester United

It’s actually pathetic with no injury that a top class athlete let’s this happen.
Puts more pressure on himself and fans less tolerable.

5 Likes

If you read Ten Hag’s full comments it seems to be some kind of attitudinal or mental health thing (not the same obviously but impossible to say which it is), which then spilled over into physical fitness.

He missed the last four matches before the break with an unspecified illness and then immediately went on a personal training regimen away from the team so it’s clearly some kind of longstanding issue not a fitness problem that just developed.

It’s not that uncommon btw. Hazard recently admitted he often came back for preseason overweight. And he used to play under some strict managers as well so I imagine there are more examples of this in recent years.
It does explain how he’s had a poor end in his career.

1 Like

Going too get away with this less and less now though.
The games at a peak level fitness wise. Played by athletes now and it’s unforgiving on loss of form.

1 Like

Yep.

Imagine a 90m signing being too fat to play. This guy ain’t serious about his career.

3 Likes

Smacks of a player sulking because he never went the world cup.
Instead of challenging himself, just feeling sorry for himself Instead.

Unless it’s because of mental health issues/depression etc. I really don’t fucking get it.

The guy is literally paid £300k a week to run around, and then he doesn’t even take good enough care of himself to do that?!

If someone paid me £10k a week to be a footballer I’d be the fittest man alive!

2 Likes

but what happens when the football just stops being fun and you feel like you are a slave?! :henry2:

Only excuse is mental health issues pretty much anything else is unacceptable.

This aside it’s becoming clear to see why City had no interest in bringing him back and were more than content with just bagging their sell on fee.

1 Like

Its becoming more and more evident that its not just the talent that needs scouting in todays world.
I think Arsenal have done it well for a long time, and of course sometimes got it wrong, but the characters and personalities of these players need as much scouting as their talent does, to ensure they fit in well with the team and have the capabilities and mental strengths to cope with the regime of the PL.

6 Likes

When there is an “if”, here comes the “may”.

If someone pays you £10k a week, then you may ask for 20k to do that. When you have 20k, you may ask for more. :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Spot on. I’m sure I read a piece a long time ago about Herbert Chapman espousing those very virtues.

Debate

if he was here he would be called overrated

1 Like

This is exactly the sort of delusional reaction we get every time Man United beat bottom table scrubs. Casemiro WAS arguably the best CDM when he was at Real. When they go and lose games against the top 10 are we going to be getting these same sort of reactions?

They are pissed about Anthony, redcafe keep saying how shit he is even compared him to our boy gabi

Casemiro has improved them a lot. Quality signing and hit the ground running.

3 Likes

Yeah, had some friends flex their win against Forest and that they’re back.

Perhaps they are back.
And Erik is also better than Arteta according to them.

Perhaps they are right.

Seriously though, let’s look after ourselves here and our title charge. Let the rest battle it out for the illustrious Top 4 trophy.

1 Like

Hope we do these fuckers in in a couple of weeks time. Hate them so much

5 Likes