Manchester United

seems like @shamrockgooner has decided they are stuck with him :slight_smile:

24DAE4BD-CD9E-44E3-BAE0-F36BB6C4128A

3 Likes

That’s over the top, but I do think he’s fucking quality.

He’s had good and bad games. United have been spanked in some games.

Putting him above Saliba though, madness lol

4 Likes

Wouldn’t put him above Gabriel or White either

Even though White is playing at RB he’s a still a CB and that is noteworthy in itself considering the level he’s playing at in another position

3 Likes

I wish we had bought him as well as Zinchenko.
Two players who can occupy 2-3 positions with equal adaptability.

Lisandro can play LB, CB & can step up in left midfield like Zinchenko.
Zinchenko can play LB, CM, Left AM.

It would have given Arteta an extra tactical player to work with. Shame United had to stiffle us like they did.

That said, good chance we don’t get both Zinchenko & Lisandro

worried. Getting rid of Fred and Maguire is obv. the way to go.

2 Likes

They should sell after the World Cup.

What club would pay money for the privilege of paying 200k per week to a 30-year-old Harry Maguire who has turned into a meme-level player over the last two years?

Everton just signed Tarkowski on a free and probably finds some way to make Coady’s loan permanent. They don’t want Maguire. Newcastle is too smart. Villa have Diego Carlos coming back and Emery knows defenders well enough that he won’t want Maguire.

Honestly think United is just stuck with him or maybe they can loan him somewhere.

2 Likes

Only way this happens is if they let him go on a free and he decides to take a massive pay cut, like 75% considering he’s on 200k.

Can see him going the Smalling route and going to Italy.

1 Like

Contract runs to 2025 apparently. He’s going nowhere.

1 Like

Being stuck with Harry till 2025 on 200k a week.

:xhaka2:

4 Likes

“We’ve got a process, trusts the process, Ten Hag is our man!”

1 Like

United fans all of a sudden talking up this Garnachos as if he’s the second coming. They’re so fucking desperate they’re grasping for any bit of hope.

First it’s the legend Cristiano’s back, then it’s Martinez is the greatest dwarf king of all time then it’s dutch Pulis will save us and now it’s Garnachos.

Pathetic.

5 Likes

Well it’s not ETH’s signing and they want to get rid off Maguire but it won’t be easy :man_shrugging:t4:

They simply have to buy a striker in January now. Ronaldo won’t play for them again, Martial can’t stay fit for longer than five minutes, and Rashford is a wide player.

It will be interesting to see who they target. As we’ve seen ourselves, its a tough market in general and buying quality in January is especially hard. I could see them making a stupid big offer to Atletico for Joao Felix or to Brentford for Toney. They seem like the most plausibly available upper tier strikers but their clubs are only going to sell for a huge fee in January given that Atletico are in a dogfight for top four and Brentford are only six points above the drop currently.

Not sure if you’ve heard but Man Utd are desperate to sign Choupo-Moting in January.
No, I’m not actually kidding.

It’s been reported for some time. Ronaldo was going in January even before this interview.

1 Like

That’s a weird target on multiple levels but I don’t see much chance of Bayern selling. Their uptick in form has come when he entered the starting XI and he has been scoring for fun for them over the last month.

Yeah, it seems unlikely. Most likely scenario is that he signs a new contract. Not sure if Man Utd are prepared to throw big money at him and Bayern though.