Manchester City

I think he gets bigged up plenty, there’s not even a handful of players on his level in the PL

4 Likes

I just think it’s because there isn’t any debate to be had about it. He is simply accepted as in that bracket and he doesn’t really have anyone fighting him for his position in the same way there’s a Messi/Ronaldo debate.

Also he’s from Belgium and they’re boring.

1 Like

Well you took me literally there. Obviously he gets spoken about, but he doesn’t get spoken about enough IMO. He just quietly gets on with his business. Similar to Aguero I think, who I also thought was under rated.

By under rated I mean I don’t think people realise just how good this guy is.

KDB isn’t just good, he does stuff that isn’t normal. He is ridiculous

Perhaps, he’s not an overly flashy player tbh but he elevates the quality of this league tons.

I hope we will have a player of that quality one day.

Fuck that prat… lucky to get an easy ride to win the WC

Never in the same class of KDB

1 Like

Partly because he has nothing in the cabinet on the European stage and nothing internationally.
He actually hasn’t had any real big moments on them stages.

I hate Pogba and have given him plenty of stick on here, but tbf he was very good in that tournament.

I see where you’re coming from here. It’s probably why I’d rate Vieira higher than KdB when we’re talking greatest midfielder of the PL era.

We’ve also probably got to draw a line somewhere, too. George Best didn’t, and probably couldn’t, do much on the international scene. Does that take away from ultimate “greatness”? Greavsie is another example.

It’s perhaps why Pele and Maradona are in a complete league of their own when people consider greatest ever player.

2 Likes

Think the problem with KDB is the Belgium golden generation tag, Not his fault (Lukaku was the only one that really stepped up for that lot) but to have that group produced very little and it’s abysmal.

Not even an final. Of course whoever handed the keys to Roberto Martinez…for fucks sake lol.

2 Likes

This belongs in the Giroud thread. Pogba wasted his best years in an abyss at ManU but he wasn’t a passenger in that France 2018 squad.

I could remember Griezmann, Mbappe, Kante, even Iloris, Varane…then Pogba.

Pogba is amazing every time he plays for France.
One of the best players in the WC and he was fucking class in the Euros as well.

1 Like

Pogba had a masterclass in 2018 worldcup. That was the only time I saw him play to his full potential

1 Like

Until he came up against that cunt Xhaka

Xhaka was also class in the Euros. :smiling_imp:

As limited as Xhaka is, whenever he faced Kante or Pogba, he always won the battle.
Such a weird player.

2 Likes

Hard work beats talent everytime

They simply just need to win the CL this season.

The final loss to Chelsea and SF collapse against Real Madrid must really sting.

They’re honestly just too good to not have a CL over the last 5 years.

I hope these cunts never win a CL. All that money and no CL. Would serve them well.

5 Likes

You know their oil daddies will get bored and sell down to some petty gambling magnate that brings them back down to earth.

1 Like

KDB has an argument.

3 Likes