Manchester City Vs Arsenal (PL)

Yep ALL of Manchester was happy with that one.

But it is tainted by the fact that Iwobi gave away a goal at the beginning and then again their 3rd… if we didn’t do our typical suicidal play, it wasn’t that bad… I know it is putting lipstick on a pig, but our efforts today actually weren’t horrid (tbf I turned off at 3-1)… we are a much inferior squad to that City team and have massive injuries at back… there are games I will slate us massively, this isn’t really one of them.

1 Like

We were always favorites for 6th with our squad and we still are, but we are only 1 point behind ManU and 3 points behind Chelsea and we have had much harder start to second half of the season than either of them… it isn’t all bad, people.

1 Like

Agree mostly. Thought a huge effort was put in and it was devastating giving up the second goal so easily.
They found it to easy getting round the fullbacks though and was annoyed we done nothing about it.
Lot of commitment put in and thought Auba shift was the best weve had out of him.

I think the concern is that as the season has gone on it doesn’t look like Emery has a plan beyond getting the guys to run more. Even continuing to start Mustafi is a worry because it signals to everyone else that poor play has zero consequences!

I agree with this assessment - our lack of definitive and consistent pressing style worries me the most… at least that should be somewhat under his control and executable… the fact is though, this squad is pretty poor and worse, we have some dumb players.

WRT starting Moose or Lichty - we have 3 injured defenders who would normally start right now… I think that is harsh on Emery honestly. Oh and today AMN wasn’t available… and neither was Xhaka.

We were timid as fuck in the second half. I felt as if the third goal just killed us, but we were rather poor all game. Our midfield was none existent and Laca and Auba didn’t link up at all which is worrying.

Also I watched this is a bar in Hampstead so pretty much Arsenal territory and 1/3 of it was City fans ffs…

1 Like

You didn’t answer the question

Think city winning the leagues your best chance of happiness mate. Dont fancy your chances though on that either.

Decent enough up top, but woeful at the back.

A statement that you can apply to the whole season and not just earlier today.

Daft question

6 Likes

Wish someone would have smacked KDB today. Played the big time charlie a few times this afternoon.

2 Likes

Arteta was the difference between us and them.

1 Like

Is it just me, or does everyone else find the gulf in class between us and Europe’s top sides just a little depressing ?

Truth be told, the general concensus is people outside of Arsenal don’t really see us as a big club anymore, I remember back in the day when I used have numerous people msg me hanging shit if we lost a big game.

2 Likes

I used to, 7-8 years ago. I am a little bit used to it by now.

6 Likes

It’s sad to have gotten used to it indeed. There was absolutely no expectation of getting anything out of this game.

2 Likes

That started with being a poor CL non entity for years. That then got compounded as 8 and 10 goal aggregate scores started kicking in.
People can put to much onus on equating a big brand as a big team. Yeah in all honesty we are becoming less relevant in the league.

2 Likes

Reality is we haven’t come close to winning the League since 2008.

Even in Liverpool’s barren spell that everyone takes the piss out of them for, gave it a red hot shake in 2014.