Manchester City Vs Arsenal (PL)

We needed someone that was able to switch play and give a good pass

For a team with a defence of Lichsteiner, Mustafi, Kosh, Montreal and Leno in goal I think we kept the score line respectable. Not sure what people really expected.

4 Likes

Yeah, I hear you. How do you feel we did vs. expectation on the other end of the pitch?

1 Like

Have to say if this season ended tomorrow and we finished 6th I would be happy. Next year not

I wouldn’t.

4th and the Europa League from this point makes me happy

1 Like

It was a pretty limp performance all in all to be honest with you. I’m not sure why Iwobi got the nod over Ramsey on the right and I’m also not sure why Ozil didn’t get some minutes eventually.

1 Like

Didn’t say what would make me happy just what I would happily accept, slight difference

Given the sides from 7-20 I don’t understand how people could be happy with 6th, you have to be diabolically bad to finish below 6th.

1 Like

This is exactly my viewpoint too. That game was screaming out for us to start Ramsey, like you said - with the back 4 we fielded it was undoubtely gonna be excruitiatingly painful at best.

Any glimmer of hope we had was to have a midfield surpressing their build-up further up the field. Maybe it’s a thing where it looks obvious in hindsight but felt like Unai got that one very wrong today.

My expectations are still 4th place or Europa League win (or both), bollocks to settling for 6th.

2 Likes

If we continue to play without the determination needed against top five teams we will finish 6th. I not convinced Emery really understands what it takes to make top four. Please let me be wrong

So Unai inherited a defensively strong team with a winning mentality and one where players aren’t easily knocked of the ball …
:roll_eyes:

No he didn’t but that’s no reason to stamp his expectations on the team. How often have we played well and lost? Other top team are more determined to win or not be beat. I just don’t see that with this team.

1 Like

There are positives from this one, we were well in the game up until the 2-1 that killed us. Personally I quite liked the set up and will credit Emery for it, just hamstrung by the weak personnel.

Man Citt stepped it up in the 2nd, we faded rapidly (bit alarming) and after that we did well to avoid my shout of 6-1 imo

Just getting some positivity out of the result :ramsey:

I actually wanted to do a proper windup post about wanting us to lose but felt it would be too spicy for many :arteta:

1 Like

Good result. COYG!

2 Likes

There are always positives from every game but I’m concerned that we have players and a manager who haven’t been in the Prem before and are learning on the job. As I said in a previous post I’m worried we are going through the motions this season which might mean 6th place.

1 Like

Arise Sir Bob

Thanks GG89 I’m honoured

:smile:

8 Likes