Manchester City

Or losing the title by christmas.

3 Likes

Fuck off Pep you massive cunt.

Pep is a big bald cunt. Hope he fucks off.

4 Likes

Bald cunt.

Absolute imbecile

["]

Z (ZRAFC)

Guardiola: “All the clubs spend a lot of money. And 20 years ago, Arsene Wenger spent a lot of money to be there as did Alex Ferguson at United. All the clubs spent a lot of money to be there. All the clubs want to be on top.’’

10:09 PM - 14 Jul 2020 860 65

twitter.com

Z (ZRAFC)

“Arsene Wenger, the guy who has defended perfectly Financial Fair Play - so Arsène you know that ManCity was correct, what we have done. Spend a lot of money to be there”

10:13 PM - 14 Jul 2020[/quote]

When someone like Guardiola says stuff like this, why are they never pulled up on it?
As much as I can’t stand Man U and the way Ferguson spent money to win the titles he got at least they did it with money generated by their own supporters.

As him using Wenger as an example of spending a lot of money, it’s possibly the worst example he could have thought of.
People like Guardiola just get away with saying stuff like this and are never pushed for a proper explanation.
This is the reason they keep coming out with this sort of nonsense because they think no one will question them about it.

Clubs like Chelsea and Man City were going nowhere when they were taken over by oil rich owners and their support was, and still is, nowhere near the genuine big clubs yet they and their supporters get offended if anyone dares to criticise them for their outrageous spending.

It just shows how corrupt UEFA are and how the money rich clubs can flout the rules.

They might as well not have bothered with FFP.
If Man City can get away with it then there really was no point in having it.

1 Like

:giroud2:

6 Likes

This is Arteta’s buddy btw. The way he specifically mentioned Arsene is fucking disgusting, you can tell he really wanted to say that. Is he that butthurt that Arsene told him he wasn’t good enough for Arsenal?

I think everybody with half a brain can see that the Manchester City brand is in itself weak with little to no global appeal. They don’t have the fan base to generate the income that they have done over the years. It’s quite clearly a product of over inflated sponsorship deals and using their network clubs to funnel money.

It’s a crying shame that sports in itself will never move forward so long as CAS continues to undermine decisions they make.

It’s like when Dwain Chambers got the decision for his lifetime Olympic ban overturned by CAS. It completely undermined the British athletics decision to ban athletes who test positive for drugs. This kind of thing will always happen so cheaters will always be prepared to take the risks when the potential penalty probably can’t be upheld by a sports governing body.

9 Likes

Say what you want about City, they have played some pretty good football over the last couple of seasons.

1 Like

Nobody’s questioning that. I actually used to tip my hat to them for actually doing the right moves with their funds.
I won’t accept them though sitting on their high horse looking at us like we are the same.
No, you cheated your way in. Is it easy to get in? No(ask all the failed projects the past years). Just like dudes on steroids. Can they have have a great body by juicing and not working out? No, they have to work out too. Still, a cheat is a cheat.

1 Like

I think if you look at the way they have really filled out the trophy cabinet, as well as the style and quality of the football over an extended period of time; the other misdemeanours and side-issues are not particularly relevant.

It’s difficult to win the Premier League, but they have done it consistently, while playing great football to back it up.

Yeah I always think if you put North Koreas misdemenours and side issues the military parades are quite impressive too.
People so over inflate human rights issues dont they.

Look, I get what you’re trying to say, but North Korea lost 7-0 to Portugal in their last WC appearance. I can’t see how they would win the Premier League even once, let alone consistently like City have done over the past 10 years.

4 Likes

Yeah the US has models that have worked to level playing field and control the spending outliers. Disappointed that FFP is officially dead now but probably fatally flawed from the start.

4 Likes

If you’re into the sports themselves, us sports are so much more interesting to follow.

And it’s thanks to the concept that any team has a decent chance at winning.

There is little dominance in the same way compared to Italy, Germany and France.

1 Like

Except baseball really. Baseball benefits from larger variability in performance, but still is largely dominated by obscene spenders. I am a huge fan of the NHL though and go to games every year.

Oh Italy 66 is forgotten now is it.

Yep, I’ve fully converted to the NFL as my primary sport of interest. It’s the best league in the world for parity and sporting meritocracy

2 Likes

This used to be the case in football before the PL era. Case in point Nottingham Forrest and Aberdeen winning European trophies

One game doesn’t win a league title, I’m sure you know this.

But perhaps if North Korea had have won the 1966 WC, then we could talk about how many of their misdemeanours in the area of human rights can be forgotten about.

It’s a moot point since we all know how 1966 went down.