Man City vs Arsenal (FA Cup) 1-0

Watching the embargoed part of Pep’s presser, he really went into the presser and the main topic for 25-30 minutes was Arteta.
Weirdly, Pep didn’t look particularly annoyed about it. It felt like watching a therapy session with Pep reminiscing his time with Arteta. :rofl:

Fuck all this going out talk we win tomorrow night and the doubles the fucking game moving forward.

Still is even if we go out tbh.

4 Likes

You’re so unambitious. Treble all the way.

Look at our schedule April to May. Liverpool, Newcastle, city away. Chelsea and Brighton at home.

I’m sorry but I plainly think we would be fucking ourselves over if we have to fit in rearranged PL games into this mess with trips to the arse end of nowhere in Europe to handle as well.

2 Likes

On ESR, there seems to be a U21 match over the weekend. Could be involved in that instead.
Anyway, I’m sure Arteta will be asked about and he’// clarify the situation if he is indeed absent today.

I refuse to call anything with the EL or league cup in it a treble, it’s just a fancy double in my book.

1 Like

I will take an exit from the FA cup.
We don’t have the squad to compete on 3 fronts.

Winning the league title in 20 years is very important. Even with City’s might looming on us, this is the best chance to win the league.

1 Like

Yeah, this is where I am at.

We haven’t actually played Man City for over a year. So winning this kind of sets a marker - that this “new” Arsenal are capable of beating them.

I just think winning this will give a massive boost.

4 Likes

And last time we were better side.

Same team as vs Utd, with Trossard instead of Martinelli, I’d rather go full strength here, and see where we’re at against them, high chance they field their best 11 too.

8 days rest after this game
No reason why we shouldn’t be going full strength

1 Like

If Man City win, they’ll have extra FA Cup games, as well as the CL and trying to catch us up in the PL.
They’ve got a big squad but if we have only have the PL and EL to focus on, it’s slightly easier for us.

1 Like

No shit Sherlock

Quite normal for players returning from a long term injury to pick up these little setbacks.

1 Like

Heard a stat on the totally podcast that Arsenal have won the last 4 FA Cup games between each other

1 Like

When’s the last time a ‘big’ side knocked us out of the FA cup?

Manchester United in January 2019

Alexis scored aswell for them

2 Likes

20230127_133020
Calm before the storm.