Man City v Arsenal (Premier League)

Bayern tried throwing runners at City and quite frankly City made a mockery of them. I’m not sure that’s the play.

Not sure we’re blessed with many options, mind.

Don’t want to watch this. Don’t want to ruin my week.

1 Like

The first 30 minutes is pure embarrassment.

The last 60 are just pathetic.

Hopefully Arteta rips them a new one and then takes a long look in the mirror because he’s just as culpable as the players tonight. They looked flat, they looked nervous and they looked unprepared.

1 Like

Hoping they’ll put zinchenko alongside partey and Tierney in at LB for weds. Just come to a horrendous grinding halt for Vieira.

I’ve just about calmed down after tonight’s debacle to post that. Livid was the word.

Why wouldn’t Xhaka be available?

We’re gonna get absolutely pumped lol.

2 Likes

I agree but at some stage this club has to wrestle back this sort of mentality.

If Man City was 5 points ahead with the 2nd side 2 games in hand with Man City travelling away to play them, we’d all still probably be saying man city will pull a win out.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Had we not shat the bed in the past three games I wouldn’t be saying what I just did. I’d still be shitting it deep down, but I’d be taking a far more optimistic and hopeful attitude to the game, saying that as a team with a commanding lead at the top of the league and in good form we should be going there full of belief about getting a decent result.

But yeah, fuck that shit now, this lot have really shown that they sadly don’t have the mentality for that yet.

Maybe next season.

3 Likes

Yeah man I hate to say it but I agree in my heart of hearts.

Devastating because I’ve loved this season, I love this group of players and I love this manager.

We’ve waited nearly 20 years and I hope our time comes again, one thing at least though I do have hope that our time will come which i’d lost a few years ago.

11 Likes

Absolutely agree. I truly believe this is just the start of things, not a one season aberration.

4 Likes

Sucks to say but can’t see nothing but a comfortable City win. This could easily end up 5 to 6 goal City win with our defence. My worry is that a really bad defeat at their place could just totally derail the rest of the season and knock the stuffing out of this squad and fanbase.

Depends on what they do in the summer for me, one or two signings isn’t enough. If that’s all they do I don’t see this team winning a PL, maybe getting top 4 and a cup maybe and having a decent run in CL.

For me if they get a Top Class Striker to challenge Jesus and even replace him, A strong PL proven Centre Back to back up if Gabriel and Saliba go down with longterm injury, A strong back up at Right back (for me Tomiyasu is too injury prone to depend on), Some one to come in and challenge Partey and eventually replace him and a upgrade on Xhaka.

If they can get those in then yeah it won’t be a one season wonder. If not it’s going to be a while before we get near City again like this.

Hope I’m wrong though.

2 Likes

Don’t play Holding.

I don’t even dislike him, but this isn’t his match.

This game comes totally at the wrong time of their fixture pile up. Excluding the FA Cup, they only really need to focus on a few more games versus us and RM. Most other games will take care of themselves in such a way only an oil rich, FFP breaching club allows.

2 Likes

Not now, Theo.

14 Likes

4-1 Man City. Sorry, but I can’t see anything less than that with this shocking back 6. Fuck me.

Xhaka has been out with illness, so worth considering. Also quicker, skillful, better mentality…Better than Vieira. Better suited than jorginho

Especially after he scored against us.

The cunt hasn’t been able to buy a goal for three seasons and then he scores a monumentally devastating one against us that will cost us the league title.

Football hoodoo is such a thing lol

IT was a classic walcott trademark goal. Elite timed run and a har cynical low driven shot to the far corner. Incredible to think that his stupid ass might cost us the title.

1 Like