Luton Town

We haven’t seen them in the PL yet; so how do you know how bad they are? It’ll take a lot to beat Derby.

It is so difficult to get as low a points tally as Derby got. There have been some terrible teams who haven’t even come close to it.

1 Like

Derby had a poor season because they spent almost nothing after getting promoted through the playoffs, although at least they were well supported and equipped for the PL.
But Luton have barely got a stadium that is Championship level, which is just as well as they’ll be back there after this season.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1679773633797931008?t=W8kMJdJSF8tz2wKPt2lwzQ&s=19

Hope the Hatters stay up . The media have been radiant about them breaking Derby County’s record for the least points .
The more humiliation to the media then the better .

1 Like

Yeah. It’s been rather patronising coverage of Luton. Can almost picture people patting them on the head as they talk about them.

I think they might go down, but they won’t break Derby’s record. I don’t think people realise how bad you have to be to achieve that. There have been a lot of bad teams in the PL who didn’t even come close.

1 Like

Agreed with all of this .
It’s been very much like all the talkSPORT presenters have been sat there playing top trumps with the weakest teams.
They had David Moyes as the first manager to leave his role and straight away the betting companies had their pants around their ankles and cutting the odds on Moyes leaving.
It’s disgusting journalism but it create an audience.

We were imperious when we beat Derby that season. I went to the away game, but in the home game we were purrrrring.

If the league was built on goal difference with a ‘We Beat Derby’ metric, we’d have won 07/08 comfortably.

1 Like

Didn’t Derby beat Newcastle really early in that season as well. I think it was before we smashed them.

I’m not sure, mate. I can only remember one other Derby game. They were playing ManUre at home and surprisingly held out for a draw…until the 75th minute when Ronaldo scored.

Heartbreaking.

they signed Ross Barkley on a free, forgot about this guy

4 defeats from 4, going for Derby’s record

1 Like

I knew they’d give it a good go but they’re exceeding everyones expectations. :grinning:

Waste of time this lot coming up, haven’t got a point yet and not like they’ve had a horrible start schedule wise ?

1 Like

For us it is, their fans are probably enjoying the ride no? League Two 6 years ago, Conference 10 Years ago.

3 Likes

Yep lol.

Deffo not a waste of time. It was a fairytale for either Luton or Coventry to come up. Can’t begrudge them that.

I’m sure their fans are enjoying it.

But for others when you have no affiliation to the club all it means is you’re an interesting game short each weekend as you pretty much know they’ll get beat.

Although In saying that they’ve only played once at home so far ?

https://twitter.com/LutonTown/status/1712120906338705525?t=QUMdk54qyXFmSXCxCKZyQw&s=19

If anyone doubted Luton’s ambition, this signing will make people sit up and take notice. :grinning:

1 Like

I think it was Simon Jordan on Talksport the other day shaming them for not being serious enough in only spending £17m on transfers. For a club that has been through what they have, perhaps they’re wise to only spend a fraction of the premier league money, take the inevitable relegation (bonus if they stay up), and come back stronger again. A club that’s done what they’ve done will be confident in their ability to bounce back.

4 Likes

Absolutely. They could spend 150m and still go down.