Lucas Torreira

It’s also not really in his interests to play shit for us for an entire season because that damages his long term marketability.

He’s probably going to play out of his skin this season knowing his contract is up soon and he needs to secure a long term deal with favourable terms for him. A year of stinking it up for arsenal due to unprofessionalism probably lands him a significantly lesser contract than a year of beasting it here would

1 Like

We dont need him tho, nor do we seem to want him

I think Torreira needs to take a look in the mirror. Fiorentina out flashing the cash on other players instead of him. Arsenal dont want him. Athletico
didnt like him.

His last three clubs have all pied him and he’s out there acting like nothing is his fault.

5 Likes

Do we need him? No we dont. But as has already been mentioned it would benefit the club in more than one way to at least utilize him. He’s potentially got far more value than Elneny, and could offer the same on the pitch if not more than Mo as well.

I wouldn’t be unhappy if he was the Partey cover if we signed someone else like Tielemans.

You can take the financial hit in this anomaly situation and it seems like there’s no cash out there for him anyway. With one year left he can sell himself to whatever club he likes next year.

With our current options he’s a starter for me.

2 Likes

he’s had his chance, we should move on.

Pray for Stroller

Despite the Covid implications, I don’t understand how none of Spanish or Italian clubs are unwilling to take a quality players for 14-15m euros, paid in installments.

That’s about as good a deal as one can get

They can they just don’t want to.

He doesn’t even have a squad number

He’ll have to earn one, then OA will bestow him with the honour of a proper thread title.

He and Guendo didn’t join us for preseason last summer, right?

He doesn’t have a squad

Well, expect to see him in the next couple of weeks playing for The Arsenal after 2 years.

1 Like

Would be peak banter if this guy comes back and is then handed the captaincy during the season.

1 Like

Be peak fucking banter if he gets injured in these games.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that mean he stays at the club and may get used when he recovers? :eyes:

First bit yes. Tears and whinging for the second bit.

2 Likes

Don Mourinho with the save.

If this dude could get over his adjustment issues, he is a pretty solid player to rely on

He has also started taking free kicks
Only 26 and should be at his peak. Needlessly wasting his Arsenal career

2 Likes