Lucas Torreira

Brutal, but clearly the best solution at this point. Gotta show an example that we cant be fuckd anymore.

2 Likes

Fuck him. Had everything he wants this prick. Self centered little twat.
5 subs next season. Can ride the bench for a season.

1 Like

thinks he is special enough to dictate to a club what happens to him and when and where. Another player we could do with getting shot of asap.

How is this the player’s fault? Fiorentina wouldn’t cough up the money.

1 Like

Where has this happened?

its the way that he begged to be placed and it HAD to be italy, he isn’t gonna wanna come back is he just need to get rid and move on…something is better than him coming back and getting nothing a year later.

Sounds more like he asked for something than dictated it.

How did him wanting to leave have anything to do with Arsenal.
We invested good money on him and we have been forced to sell at a loss.
We have accommodated him a loan and agreed to sell cheap.
They don’t want too pay. So he can stay here and give something back.
Do you think we should do more for him than this.

I’m just baffled as to the level of anger directed at him. We bought a player Emery didn’t want, who didn’t suit the physical profile Emery wants in that position, we played him out of position and it didn’t work for him at Arsenal and in England in general. It’s not some huge character flaw.

We sent him on loan and I’m sure he’d want to stay in Florence but it’s Fiorentina who messed this up. Not him, and frankly, not even Arsenal.

Some transfers don’t work, that’s life. But the continued insistence that Torrriera is somehow weak for not enjoying life in England has always confused me and given that that sentiment mostly comes from English fans it comes off as super insecure.

3 Likes

So again apart from giving him a few pats on the head and a few extra hugs, what do you suggest we do here then.

Edu has to figure out a solution. There are plenty of clubs who have unhappy players on their books but we seem to be the only one consistently paying them to leave rather than finding some resolution.

Do Fiorentina not want to pay 15m now? Ok. Go back to them with a restructured deal. Are they balking at that? Inquire about some of their players. It’s unusual, but something might shake loose.

I feel like he was always running his mouth to the media about how unhappy he was at Arsenal and how he wanted to leave etc.

Just shut up, be professional and work with the club to move on.

2 Likes

Ehh. I think sometimes we forget that not all players are going to have that Arsenal Academy media training. IIRC most of his comments were to local (Uruguayan) outlets. It’s not that scandalous to me.

His desire to leave might have also been based on him not really fitting into the formation.

Sometimes transfers don’t work, that’s life. But only Arsenal seem to have issues like this.

I do think it was a little unlucky that the pandemic hit. The finances dropped out big time.

Edit: I’m not aware of him refusing to play or anything. He might have said he wanted to leave but this wasn’t a “hold out” situation that you might see in the NFL to force a move.

Biggest mistake we ever made with Torreira was not activating Partey’s clause early and trying to get some of that money back by selling them Torreira over the odds. Why the fuck we facilitated the loan before hand I’ll never know. We held all the card but still played the game like fools

4 Likes

Edu’s at the wheel?

2 Likes

I get why you might feel like that cos there are about a thousand posts in this thread banging on about it but I think he only ever gave a couple of interviews where he alluded to a preference to continue his career away from Arsenal and not even in a disrespectful way. He even got a ton of shit on here because some cunt on Twitter said he was crying over the Xhaka booing thing.

It’s just a transfer that didn’t work out and he’s tried to move on but it hasn’t been possible yet for a few reasons. I’ll be happy when he’s gone and this thread never surfaces again tbh.

2 Likes

He fucking whinged in Baku when he got subbed off.
Looked a right soft cunt.

1 Like

I have no love for Edu but I feel like that deal was one of those weird lasting legacies of Raul. Though at the end of the day if there’s a release clause and it’s clear the selling team ain’t going to budge then just activate it and move the fuck on, like if they still wanted Torreira after that then 20m Euros would have done the job.

We’re just bizarre when it comes to the market like, and I can’t really hold that against Emery or Arteta. Wenger yes because he reigned supreme but at a technical level we are just such a mess.

In fact I won’t even hound Edu too much because at the very least players like White, Gabriel plural, Ramsdale and Odegaard are good for our long term ambitions. Gazidis, Vinai, Sven and Raul were literally all over the place with no unilateral thinking or ambitions. We literally went from one cluster fuck to the next. Fall out from Wenger? Yeh perhaps but these guys had a job to do too and they weren’t doing it.

3 Likes

Ah yeah because a real man never shows sadness.

1 Like

Not usually being substituted when your being battered no.
You keep embracing your inner Oprah though.