Lucas Torreira

As baffling as Roma not pushing for Xhaka when they’re somewhat rich and was apparently Mourinho’s #1 target.
Italian sides are weird. :sob:

Want to low ball us?

Fuck off.

1 Like

It sounds like a tough negotiation between Fiorentina and Torreira’s representatives over wages more than anything else.

My guess is they reach a deal after a bit more brinksmanship and then we sell for the reported option fee in the end.

Uncle Rocco has certainly been feeling himself this season. Talked so much about Dusan’s sale.

Fiorentina president Commisso on Torreira deal collapsed: “His agent won’t win against me…"

Ok gents, lets put the tape measures away, we all know you’ve both got big willies, you don’t need to prove it.

4 Likes

He’s better than Fiorentina anyway.
If his agent has any brains he would be looking elsewhere.
Lazio, Napoli, Roma, Milan and others are gonna have a look at him again after a good season there.

Oh the fucking irony, Rocco just been interviewed that Vlahovic and his agents were being unreasonable in negotiations and not behaving well. The man is an utter stronzo.

3 Likes
4 Likes

The Torreira saga is one I don’t place any blame on Arteta for.

He’s a soft crybaby cunt and the Italian league is a full on pile of dung. Shit football, shit fans, shit agents, shit kits…I take that back they have a few nice ones.

7 Likes

After this, and other transfers from that league, I suggest we stop dealing with Italian clubs.

3 Likes

Arsenal did not even respond to the Italian side’s offer

We left them on read. Respect.

11 Likes

2 blue ticks

I hope the message was in the notification bar, they saw the paltry sum and just swiped that bitch ass offer away.

Doesn’t even deserve to be left on read.

Surely there’s another club out there willing to spend €15m on Torreira. That’s a great price.

Maintain that I’d still take him over Elneny any day provided his head was right. Probably take him over Xhaka as well tbh

4 Likes

My Football Manager tactic back in 2010 :D.

Where has that Vlahovic money disappeared to ffs?

3 Likes

It’s Italy, so they probably haven’t got it yet. It’ll be some shit payment structure, they’ll probably be receiving £3.75 a week from Juventus until the end of time.

6 Likes

The problem I find with this is Torreira has pigeon holed himself to Italy and Italy alone, by the sounds of it. The Italian clubs will be privy to this and will definitely be using this as a bargaining tool when negotiating with us.

It’s going to either come down to; who in Italy can give us the least shit offer that’s closest to the 15M valuation, we let Lucas run his contract down and let him leave for free or we be stern and tell him to stop being a twat and take what he can in another league/country.

We should be saying the same for Bellerin who wants only Betis too. Gives Betis all the leverage, they’ll wait till later on in the window when we’re desperate to get him out and we’ll end up paying him to get him off our books and they’ll sign him for free.

1 Like

This is one of the problems signing non-English, non-PL players who end up kind of mediocre. There is no middle-class market outside the PL for simply OK players. The biggest clubs still have money, everybody else is broke.

In Italy they had a TV deal up through 2021 that paid them 970m euro per season, divided among all the Serie A clubs. They aimed to get a new deal for 21-24 that would pay them 1.2b euro per season. And they ended up with one that paid them 920m euro per season. More or less the same situation in France. Not only did everyone get slammed by Covid, but these deals are coming in lower than they were pre-Covid.

1 Like

Would rather keep an unhappy Torreira on the bench and let him go for free next season than succumb to Italian teams pathetic offers. Fuck them.

2 Likes

Stick the cunt with the u21s

9 Likes