Lucas Torreira

He started vs Argentina.

Yeah the one they lost. Hasn’t had a minute in the last two.

1 Like

He was all over the place vs Argentina. Clumsy and out of sorts. Lucky to not have been shown two yellows.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think any of us factor in how much he’s regressed.
Whether thats from his time here or generally being unsettled I don’t know.
Think there are as many personal issues with his time here and in general that’s caused his loss of form.

2 Likes

You think so? I thought he was good, maybe I’ve lowered my standard for him a lot the past 2 seasons.

2 Likes

When we’re getting boned in the market trying to move players on, we can’t be overly sympathetic on Lucas’s behalf and sell him to a team in a country that sells his favourite brand of yerba mate.

We’ve got to be cutthroat with these deals now if we are really sweating about funds. Given the Xhaka and Bellerin moves have come to a halt, we should have bunting in the departure lounge that reads ‘fire sale’.

3 Likes

It’s a real shame Torreira couldn’t make it here.

As you say, we’ll probably end up selling him for dirt cheap, too, which is doubly depressing.

2 Likes

Laca and Torreira for Saul…more realistic! :vinai:

One of the real drawbacks to burning bridges with Raul (and Kia) is not being able to park distressed assets at other clubs. No escape hatch to China or the UAE.

2 Likes

He seems to have flown from Uruguay to Spain today, rather than coming back to London. Hopefully there is some actual footballing reason and he’s not just picking up the rest of his shit from his apartment in Madrid.

2 Likes

or because there were not direct jet from Montevideo to London.

1 Like

Is Lucas doing a Harry Kane?

1 Like

Apparently he’d have to quarantine if he came straight back to the UK from Uruguay, so he has gone via Spain to avoid that.

8 Likes

can someone update me on why he hasn’t reported back to Arsenal but training by himself?

Look above, fuckface.

2 Likes

FTFY.

2 Likes

Lot of noise today about a deal with Lazio on a loan with option to buy. Obviously an obligation would be better but this is one where it might not be so bad since his value is near zero at this point and he might genuinely rebuild some of it with a good season in Serie A. He was a genuinely good player there once upon a time.

I don’t think he’ll ever go for a lot of money but if he does well we might be able to get 12-15m for him next summer plus the loan fee for this season. I’m sure that is much more than what anybody is willing to offer right now.

1 Like

Horrible club for a horrible cunt.

2 Likes

Turned out to be a horrible signing. Such a shame as he had a couple of bright spells and looked a warrior at times. Loved his goal and celebration in the NLD.

9 Likes

I think we need to use different adjectives for each party here, considering that we have a nasty Nazi club on the one hand, and on the other hand, a player who is basically just a bit of a cowardly lil bitch, but ultimately probably not a bad guy.

However, if we were talking about John Terry moving to Lazio, I wouldn’t dream of questioning your choice of adjectives :grin:

6 Likes