Liverpool

I’m loving where we are atm. There’s excitement and a buzz around the club that is simply incredible.

But I think the excitement and buzz Klopp has created at Liverpool over the past 5 years tops that (by a distance). Liverpool fans have been strutting around the past few seasons with an arrogance that every rival fan has to begrudgingly accept. And everybody barring City is jealous, and even they probably look at Liverpool’s CL title and finals with some envy.

Battling City for titles, frequent CL finalists, chasing trebles and quadruples at various points. I have no doubt it would be more satisfying to experience what Liverpool fans have in recent years over whatever feelings of joy and hope we have atm.

The main question for me is whether our ceiling under Arteta is going to be as high as whatever Klopp could do with Arsenal. Klopp has been there and done it, I would choose his track record over potential for sure (if in some alternate dimension where he would even consider coming to us) .

1 Like

My problem with Klopp is there is no alternative to the way he likes to play.

Once the team is figured out, watching Klopp’s team just becomes predictable and boring.

I have seen greater variety in Arteta’s approach and with more players in his disposal, I feel Arteta would be more flexible.

That said, if Arteta’s journey ends, there’s no coach better than Wenger & Klopp I would have at this club.

It’s just the timing is not right. I would hire Klopp in an instant if the context was different.

The question was if Klopp was available tomorrow(or let’s say in the immediate future) would you really sack the current manager that’s doing exceptionally well at the minute?

Mind you, doing so would most likely cause some turmoil. As I said, most fans, players and staff are onboard with the current project.

If we’re talking about end of the season that would be a different matter.

If we had such a cutthroat relationship with our managers, I don’t think Klopp would consider joining us.

Having just recently got on the Arteta train I gotta see the ride out now.

Any team in the form Liverpool are in wouldn’t be considered top four material but apart from Man City and us, nearly all the clubs going for a top four place are inconsistent so it would only take a few wins for them to get back in contention.

I’d be surprised if at the end of the season Liverpool weren’t at least close to, if not in, the CL places.

1 Like

Want to get Klopp is one thing, but we are winning with Arteta now.
It was not like the last couple of Wenger years

Ultimately it’s one of the top 3 coaches in the world, so I’d have to say yes to this hypothetical.

I must admit I’m loving the progression and potential in Arteta though, but yeah that’s all it is at the moment, not a proven top 3 coach in the world.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m on form Hillsy :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

The great Christopher Lee.

“Come, come, Mr Bond. You derive just as much pleasure from killing as I do.”

1 Like

That’s one of the best Bonds ever.
Sheriff jW Pepper .

1 Like

Surprised Klopp didn’t go in his trackie to this aswell!

The irony of Liverpool fans trying to make fun of Jesus for not scoring goals after going to war for anyone who tried to do the same to Firmino all these years. :rofl:

3 Likes

Huge news for Liverpool. I do wonder if they’ll end up with another American investment fund that’ll manage them in a similar way.

Can’t see them selling up to some mega rich Arabs.

Love the raging mancs in the comments :joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s not really up to Liverpool, is it? If FSG wants to sell Liverpool and, I don’t know, the country of Qatar wants to buy them, they can if all conditions set forth by the FA/UEFA/FIFA are met, right?

I don’t think Liverpool fans would allow a sale to gulf state. the protests would be massive.