Liverpool

Started 19/20 season 26-1-0 lol

1 Like

And then went on to lose 3 games & draw 2 in final 11 matches.

Just goes to show being unbeaten the whole season is a difficult task.

No mate , I didnā€™t know there was one . My olā€™matey from Australia sends them to me . Iā€™ll have to find that page tho.
COYG

2 Likes

Canā€™t be @Aussiegooner surely :wink:

1 Like

Yeah undoubtedly, hard to stay motivated and keep performances levels high after a title is already won.

Even Arsenal 03/04 went from 22-7-0 to 26-12-0, so we only won 4 of our last 9.

1 Like

Heard my first KloppOut shouts from some
Liverpool supporting mates of mine

Yeah, Liverpool fans are turning. Now instead of quoting net spend, theyā€™re quoting money spent :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

My Liverpool buddies are still firmly in.

Btw, I hope GJ scores today because some of them are taking the piss with their Nunez-Jesus comparisons.

In terms of goal scoring they are on equal goals all comps despite Nunez clocking 400 fewer minutes, theyā€™ll cling to anything right now but Jesus needs to step it up

2020-21: 69 [but Alisson scored]
2021-22: 92

This itself is enough to showcase that Klopp can turn it around.

Any call for dismissal is stupid

6 Likes

He turned it around when Virgil returned from longterm injury.

1 Like

Always makes me laugh when people want to bin a good coach after one half a mediocre season. Dortmund decided he was done, then he went and won an PL and CL and had people calling him the worldā€™s best. Getting a good coach is really hard.

One good thing with Klopp is heā€™s such a miserable excuse making cunt when itā€™s going badly, Iā€™d bet he pisses his bosses off and hopefully thatā€™s what gets him sacked.

1 Like

Imagine wanting him sacked after winning the quadruple last season

ā€œMentality monstersā€ :arteta:

Hated that phrase from the beginning and it was never going to age well

Jokes aside, the ā€œKlopp outā€ scousers are absolute fucking idiots and if they get their wish, they deserve mediocrity. Ridiculous.

Not a chance he gets sacked mid-season though, no way. Heā€™s got enough good will to be shit for another 12 months before the owners start questioning him.

3 x Champions League finals, 3 x 90+ point seasons (including 97 and fucking 99 point seasons). They have bounced back from a shit season and posted a huge points tally the next.

They wonā€™t get a better manager in, particularly one who squad builds and talent spots with that level of success.

Liverpool are in transition and are rebuilding. 2 more transfer windows and we will see where Liverpool are going, and whether Klopp has still got the magic.

If Klopp was available tomorrow, would I take him over Arteta? Fuck yes. What heā€™s achieved in the game against potential? No brainer.

I hope Liverpool are stupid enough to sack him, but heā€™s got the whole of this season and most of next season to sort it out.

Wouldnā€™t surprise me at all if they get to another CL final this season.

3 Likes
If Klopp was available tomorrow, would you take him and sack Arteta?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Think youā€™re on your own here, Sol. Weā€™re all fully invested in the Arteta adventure.

1 Like

Not just us. Just people in and around the club too.
Most of the players are his, his coaching staff is also doing good work. Management if behind him as well.
Would be stupid to ruin that now because a fancier and more successful coach became available.

This is more something our competitors will consider though. Personally, I think if Klopp left he would either take a long break from football or join a club abroad.
Madrid and Barca are obvious choices.
Would be funny if Madrid got Klopp and Barca got Pep and they run that battle there too.

3 Likes

Good to see you back posting more GC

8 Likes

I simply cannot subscribe to that logic.

So Klopp would basically walk into a job at Real Madrid but weā€™re too invested in our Arteta project to consider him?

Klopp is elite. Iā€™d appoint him purely in the hope he wins us a CL. If we won 1 out of 3 finals, Iā€™d be fucking over the moon for the rest of my miserable life.

2 Likes