Liverpool Vs Arsenal (Premier League) 2-2

What an absolute load of rubbish. I can’t believe you’ve posted this in all seriousness lol

He’s our joint top scorer with 13 league goals from the wing, just came off a run of 6 goals in 6 matches and he got an assist yesterday AND he’s only 21.

We don’t win this league title without him.

8 Likes

Liverpool at Anfield will always be a solid fixture. Especially under klopp.

We used to have their number here but. Arshavin used to be great here.

But still, I am not at all confident. Would take a draw.

This is the start of one huge title push.
Liverpool and it’s faithful will be hurting after Saturdays result and in their eyes a very disappointing season. They are fighting for a champions league spot , there is no doubt about that .
We needs a smash and grab victory.
Get in , get done , get back to the Emirates and regroup.
We nail all three points next Sunday then we have one hand on the title . Simple as that .
We need everyone at there aggressive best but one major factor will be that man in the middle , the Ref and his marvellous VAR buddies . Them alone can be swayed to the Kopites.
COYG , let’s go

3 Likes

I’m still hoping that the reason Saliba hasn’t already gone for surgery is because he’s still a chance to play Sunday.

1 Like

So long as we keep the game and anfield subdued I think we win.

The big worry though is anfield gets up for it, the game gets stretched and played at 100mph.

hoping against hope some liverpool players are suspended or injured on tuesday especially Firminho and Jota

1 Like

Very harsh IMO. Yes, his decision making isn’t the best and and his passing could improve but he makes up for that with the pure panic he evokes in the opposition defense when he runs at them, and the unpredictability of his game always keeps them guessing.

As for Liverpool at Anfield, are we perhaps over estimating how good Liverpool are at home after that Manchester United result? In the last few games at home in the league, they’ve beaten Southampton, Leicester, United, Everton and Wolves, and drawn with Chelsea. If you look at those results, none of them are surprising except for the one against United, and that one is more for the score than for the win (other than United fans, no one really buys that bullshit about ETH having turned them into title contenders).

So yes, while Liverpool at Anfield is still a challenge, if both teams play as per current form and potential, there is no reason we can’t get all 3 points.

2 Likes

I dunno about this. You think one player makes the difference?

1 Like

I think it would look different for us if we lost his goals and assists.

I’d say the same for Saka and Ødegaard. It’s not down to just one player but I think Martinelli has been instrumental for us.

Obviously it’s all speculative, but I don’t think we’d be doing as well if we had Sancho on our left wing etc.

3 Likes

That’s just extremes though. Not having Martinelli doesn’t mean we’d have a shit player there instead - though Sancho would probably thrive in a better set up. I get that we’re a collective and all the players add value to that, but I’m just not sure that Martinelli is a complete difference maker. We didn’t fall to pieces playing Nketiah instead of Jesus for example.

1 Like

We have to beat Liverpool, there’s no ifs or buts about it. Do I think we will? At Anfield? Personally, no. But it’s another bogey team / demon we need to overcome.

A draw wouldn’t be end of the world, but it would cut the deficit ahead of City to 3 points, then if they beat us (which is likely), they’ll go top on GD.

Woah slow down. This is assuming they (and us) also win the rest of their games including their game in hand - which they don’t actually play until May.

1 Like

City will be favourites against us at the Etihad but this team has surprised us this season by how well they respond to challenges so I wouldn’t rule out a draw at the Etihad. I won’t go as far as saying we might even beat them (used up all my optimism for the day saying we can beat Liverpool in Anfield) but a draw is very much possible. Hell, 2 draws at Anfield and Etihad would also do nicely.

3 Likes

That’s true! I guess, whilst they haven’t been their best this season - they still appear to be getting victories. The quality of their play has gone up 1-2 grades since their game vs. Brentford.

That said, we’ve won 7 on the trot. If we do beat Liverpool, then I’m 100% convinced we’ll win the league, cause then we can afford to lose to City.

Yep. They also have a 2-legged tie v Bayern to contend with. FA Cup too - but they’ll probably rotate heavily for that one.

I don’t think they will win every remaining game, so we should still have a little leeway.

Honestly I think we just might need to avoid defeat at the Etihad, when title races require 90 + points to be Champions giving up 6 to the direct rival really is a travesty.

6 Likes

Honestly if he can just play vs Liverpool and City I think we can manage the rest.

For what it’s worth I think Mikel will want to show Holding he trusts him and play vs Liverpool given he’s stepped in and performed so far.

I can’t see Mikel ripping Holding out of the lineup for a half injured player, knowing he’s relying on him for the rest of the season.

1 Like

He’s been out since our last game against them right? Would be very rusty if he does somehow make the pitch this weekend

Time to end their misery and finish any kind of their hope.
Also our statement game to tell people that we are determined this season.

2 Likes