Liverpool Vs Arsenal (Premier League) 2-2

Going to say 2-2 draw and a very entertaining game. Liverpool create loads of chances at home , but at the same time our attack will cause that Liverpool midfield and defence issues.

Praying we edge it.

2 Likes

Who do you play in the front three? A hard decision, but a good one to have. You gotta fancy Martinelli against TAA, and Saka just gets better and better and will no doubt show up for the big occasion.
I thought Jesus started off slow today, but ends up getting a brace. Maybe Trossard can get another hat trick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hoping we finally beat them at home, lets fogging go ?!

It’s a weird one because big games are usually the games Gabby’s quality shows.
I honestly thought Trossard was certainly starting that game but seeing Liverpool today, their passing was very sloppy at the back. The thought of Martinelli, Jesus and Saka putting pressure on that backline is intriguing.

1 Like

Yeah. I think Jesus will be the guy, especially at the tempo this game will start off with. The only doubt being that he’s only a few games in after his return from injury.
Trossard is great option to come on in any of the forward positions and get plenty of minutes.
Martinelli is the key guy for me. He’s always been excellent vs Trent.

TAA is a glaring weak link. Same lineup as the home fixture.

It’s not the one on one take ons which is TAAs weakest point.
It’s positioning. This is where the midfield link up and bringing in Zinchenko is key.
You move the ball in and around Martenelli, Jesus Zinchenko for the exposure. Arnold doesn’t read the game at all well.

8 Likes

I’m going to be fairly optimistic and vote for a draw.

The idea of dropping any points scares me right now, but a draw there isn’t a bad result.

Would definitely take a draw there if we can also avoid defeat at City.

I’d give my left nut for a win though.

3 Likes

We either need a win here or avoid defeat at City, one of those 2 things must happen if we’re to be champions imo.

10 Likes

Anfield crowd will be up for this game. If we can hold our nerves and raise our game, we’ve got a good chance to take home all three points against this average Liverpool side.

This will shock people but I’d start Mar9 on the bench. Trent struggles against intelligence and dribblers, not pressing and pace. Okay, Vinicius rinsed him and long name at Napoli did. However, seeing how Grealish spun him yesterday, I’d go Trossard left, Saka right and Jesus centrally.

We all know that Martinelli can influence games off the bench. Martinelli starts the City game but BOSSARD already has Liverpools number.

1 Like

Seems our old nemesis Jota hasn’t scored in his last 30 games. If this is true then I’m worried for next weekend.

6 Likes

I’m definitely putting a bet down

2 Likes

Tbh, I’d be happy with any combination of the front 3 as long as Saka starts.

Any 2 of Trossard, Jesus and Martinelli could win us this game.

Fantastic options to have.

We have to be going there to win. I can’t remember the last time we were so much better than them. What an opportunity.

5 Likes

I think Trossard will see the bench. Jesus has to start after getting back to scoring ways so our original front 3 will be back.

Do people expect Liverpool to jump out of the blocks and go all over us?

Genuinely wonder if they have the quality still.

Comes down to how shaky we are at the back in the first 10-15 mins. Need Holding to be calm on the ball and no overconfidence fuck ups from Gabriel or Ramsdale.

They’ve done it before at the start of big games and set the tone, makes the other team more up for it and come on to us even more aggressively.

Ride that out and we can control the game cos they are shit in midfield. Just pray that bastard Thiago is still out.

1 Like

Worth remembering with Liverpool they were in poor form playing City at home this season.
Put in their best performance of the season that day.
Hope they win at Chelsea because I just think at home they’ll have a bit more desperation in them for a performance off the fans too.

1 Like

Martinelli needs to up his game. He had one or two good moments yesterday but apart from that he is bang average. He needs to start play with his head up and taking his chances better.
He isn’t as good as Trossard .
Martinelli is a weak spot in the starting lineup .
Seriously needs to live up to his potential.

If we can and it’s a bastard big IF , if we can come away with 3 points we’ll win the league but Liverpool are hurt and with a stadium of flag waving scousers it’s a big ask .