Liverpool Vs Arsenal (PL)

We don’t have to beat Liverpool to be above City and spurs and there are only 36 games left :wink:

I think he meant after the Liverpool game

1 Like

I know

4-1, or 5-1. Should have enough to avoid the dreaded 5-0.

The highest scoring fixture will not disappoint, again.

Going to be tough, The Norwich game showed that their defense isn’t at it’s strongest right now and our strike force can cause them problems. Midfield is good enough. Our Defense is our worry with their attack we won’t be keeping a clean sheet.

I don’t think it be 4 or 5’s this time around, Think it be a lot closer. I think we could get a draw but expecting Liverpool to win this. Hope i’m wrong and we win.

1 Like

Leno

AMN - Luiz - Sok - Monreal

Guendouzi - Ceballos - Willock

Pepe - Laca - Auba

Energy in midfield and pace on the break. Understand logic of HM7 but I think we need to be aggressive and play for a win, capitalising on the space Robertson / TAA will leave in behind.

Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Monreal
Guendouzi Xhaka Ceballos
Pepe Auba Laca

1 Like

I hope we beat these bastards
The worlds most luckiest team ever to kick a football.
Horrible horrible team

1 Like

So long as we don’t concede a goal in the first 30 minutes, I think we could potentially get something from this match.

However, we will probably concede a shit goal in the first 10 minutes and then proceed to get hammered by 4 or 5 goals.

The clean sheet against Newcastle was more of a reflection of how poor their attack is rather than a compliment towards our defence. Burnley caused us all sorts of problems with the aerial ball. If we give that level of space to Liverpool at Anfield, or if we aren’t organised on set pieces, we will go down hard.

Think we have the ability to score but we are missing 2-3 of our first choice back 4, and I’d also want a fit Torreira helping to organise and cover the midfield gaps. But even that doesn’t paper over the distinct lack of general defensive intelligence in our midfield (or adequate coaching from the manager to address this issue).

Our only hope is to play purely on the counter, and hoping Emery is pragmatic enough to change our style for this match.

3 Likes

Miracles can happen but realistically speaking, they are miles above us… we still have a ton of changing parts and absentees - imagine a 3-1 or 4-1 but hoping for a 1-1 or 2-1. Reality is, we still look pretty diabolical out of possession and Pool are not Burnley.

1 Like

I think it will be a much closer and fairer contest than last year, but I expect the same result. Only difference that this year we will feel hard done by in the end, instead of lucky to only have conceded 3.

1 Like

Is there a reason everyone’s leaving out Lacazette?
To fit Auba in as a striker?

Leno
AMN Luiz Sokratis Monreal
Xhaka Torreria Ceballos
Mkhitaryan Lacazette Aubameyang

Mkhitaryan to come off after 45 minutes of giving the ball away.

With his first touch of the ball. :grinning:

I’m with you on Lacazette starting for us.

1 Like

well we’ve won our first 2 games (that we should be winning) and so this is our first serious test of the season, I would be very happy with a draw but most likely will end up losing, hope to get proved wrong though

If we manage to loose by only 2 goals or less, we will win the league imo.

1 Like

Would like to see us start the game playing 5-3-2 with Auba and Laca up top.

Somehow last the first 20 mins without conceding and then change formation as the game progresses. Chances of us conceding in the first 10 at Anfield are ridiculously high though plus Emery isn’t so flexible so it’s almost a pipe dream.

1 Like

I hate you with passion. Do not utter those words. :joy:

Leno

AMN-Sok-Luiz-Cham-Goat

Torreira-Ceballos-Guendouzi

Aubameyang-Lacazette

That what you were thinking?

2 Likes

Yeah man, need to protect Luiz a bit since hasn’t played with the guys, also suits his game. Still allows us to pack out the midfield and have the FB’s get forward with perhaps a CM dropping to fill in when the opportunity arises.

Also means Auba and Laca can actually play together in a two at least initially, Auba out wide needs to die.

1 Like

Worried we would invite wave after wave with this, but see the logic.