Liverpool v Arsenal (PL)

Just worried because I don’t want there to be any positive momentum for Arteta. The guy is legit every bit as bad as Ole and you see how united have hampered themselves by hanging on to this guy for whatever reason. Our board are dumb enough to think Arteta is the answer if we string together some decent results. Just like last season our after Christmas top of the table trophy. If you watched the matches you know Arteta is shit. If you just looked at the results you might think we were a somewhat decent team and there was progress.

TLDR our board are dumb af and we are gonna be stuck with this shitter if we have any good results whatsoever.

1 Like

Yeah that is an odd comment… I think he is a disastrous appointment, but i found myself rooting for him today when he got into that scrap with chompers. It would be an amazing turnaround story if he suddenly turned this team into good footballing side and came good, but I just don’t see it happening.

1 Like

Did you miss pre-season? Arteta is the manager for keeps. You ain’t changing that. Might as well hope this shit works.

1 Like

Are you Harry Redknapp???

2 Likes

Yeah ur most likely right. It would be very hard not to achieve top 6 with this squad and get back into the europa league. He managed to finish what 8th last season, but we invested 200m over the summer so that should in itself help us back into Europe.

Arteta is a very bad manager and when we go on a decent winning run even the more knowledgeable fans on OA start to believe and get smoked out af on the hopium because they want it to happen so bad. The board dont know shit about football and they’ll desperately want Arteta to succeed so they don’t look like the dirt pounders they are… Reality is tho this is just our version of Ole and the longer he stays the longer we are gonna be mediocre.

2 Likes

3 Likes

The question he got wrong was about Rambo, not Rocky. And just because I haven’t seen them it doesn’t mean I don’t know who plays them. I do. I’m not as stupid as Harry.

3 Likes

It’s like a catch 22 Arsenal lose Arteta goes, Arsenal win (even if they fluke it) he stays. I can’t ever want Arsenal to lose, but I hate that we’re stuck in this place. Because Artera dun proved he ain’t good enough from like last year, but exactly like Ole we will be stuck with him because our team are good enough to never let him tip over the edge by always stringing together some wins against shitty opposition just as he’s about to fall.

In the process we suffer because it’s nice to see us win, but our performances are Mourinho/Nuno levels of garbage entertainment wise and ultimately we all know that in the long run this guy ain’t it.

2 Likes

Mates, I guarantee you regardless of results Arteta is here for 2022/23 season at least.

Both iconic Sly Stallone movies. Analogy stands.

Oh, hard to argue against that. It would be some feat if you were.

2 Likes

Please don’t even say it bro, just in case it is some how spoken into existence by the universe. I don’t know how much longer I can watch this play and try and derive some kind of enjoyment out of it. Like just thinking this man going to be here all of next year is depressing (first world problems yes) but fucking hell Football is like one of the only forms of escape left and it’s not even entertaining. All of us are having to find other teams to watch to get enjoyment out of in my case Palace solely because of Patrick.

2 Likes

Yeah its a sad thing that 6th and making it to the round of 32 or 16 in the EL is pretty much achieving what the club wants from a manager at this point. Sucks for the fans but they seem happy enough just to be hopeful in Arteta and the young squad.

1 Like

My general knowledge is actually really good. I win pub quizzes all the time.

1 Like

Project Youth brother, it’s like it’s 2006/07 all over again. Good thing we’re well experienced at this :joy:

Give or take 4 Seasons to go.

Dude’s out there painting pictures of Wenger on the walls and this is how you treat him. Wenger would fucking hate you man if he ever met you and you’d cry.

2 Likes

Things move fast in football, for example Lampard, and more recently Ole moving from firm ground to the bubble. Yes, this is Arsenal, and things move slower than at Chelsea and United, but not that slow.

I would agree that Arteta currently looks on firm ground until the end of the season, but even though our club board lack dynamism our fans are still pretty fierce and if fan anger picks up from like after the exit against Villareal last season, the Kroenke’s won’t be able to resist 3-6 months of that.

They resisted Arsenal at 15th in December last season. This will be no sweat for them.

Reason for some cheer is at least summer transfer ins were decent, so the squad has moved forwards. The fear was Arteta wasting money put on the line and setting us back further.

2 Likes

Last December was still too soon after the FA Cup win. Fans were still divided back then. I believe things moved to a majority of fans wanting him out after failing to get European football (knocked out of EL by Villarreal). Accordingly, the next big wave of negativity against Arteta has potential to be much bigger. With time it is longer beyond any honeymoon period and the excuses are harder to concoct.

Fans were definitely not divided by December I assure you mate. 80/20 split at best.