Liverpool v Arsenal (PL)

Couldn’t agree more mate, I’m not overly optimistic anymore, but hoping for the best.

2 Likes

Why were you “worried”?

2 Likes

I just went through and read the whole thread, I recommend @Phoebica avoids doing that judging by your predictions :scream:.

Because he is more concerned about being right than the wellbeing of our club.

3 Likes

I’m not apologising for being optimistic

4 Likes

Just try and temper it with some realism also on occasion. Eg nothing wrong with predicting a competitive match, but calls like we will finish above Liverpool are outrageous. ( you didn’t say that one in this particular thread mind you).

Imagine predicting arsenal to win a football match you fucking monster!!

4 Likes

Oh come on she’s just having fun, me and Calum were the same saying we’ll win and stuff. I very much doubt any of us genuinely believed we were going there and getting anything, maybe a point if we were absolutely lucky.

It seems to be everyone else who thinks we should be winning there today, people really think that a different manager is taking these players to Anfield and going blow to blow with one of the best teams in the world right now. Where is the realism in that, there ain’t in manager in world football going to Anfield and steam rolling Klopp with this young team against his. That’s nothing against the team I love these players but once again, it’s unrealistic to expect them to be instantly titans.

1 Like

Did Brighton not go to Anfield and give them a match.

It’s all about the manner of these defeats, what positivity does one take from this match?

3 Likes

You’re not alone. Travelling fans must have gone up to that shithole with a dizzying feeling of “maybe we can do something here”

The players on the pitch seem to be less optimistic. Apart from Ramsdale, the rest were f’ckin idiots

3 Likes

I think @Castiel has said this before and I absolutely agree with him in that sleeper teams will nick these odd results v Liverpool.

These cunts always game raise against us. Fucking hate that bastard club.

2 Likes

Generally not against Liverpool at Anfield but even so takes nothing away from a smaller club getting the result.

I don’t even know if the Scousers game raised against us today, it was a comfortable match for them. We never did anything to unsettle them or get them sweating so to speak.

2 Likes

Didn’t watford also break their winning streak by smashing them 3-0…what of it?

1 Like

Stage was set against Leicester because even though we won that game they were getting way too many shots in on goal.

We can’t expect Ramsdale to be Superman every week, just isn’t sustainable football, the better teams will rinse us if they take their chances.

3 Likes

Ramsdale WAS superman tonight and it was still 4-0 :joy:

3 Likes

There you go, could have been much worse if we’re keeping it real.

2 Likes

I still can’t quite comprehend how this games ends up 4 nil.

We’ve made a lot of progress but there’s so much naivety and innocence in the way we play. 4 nil is such a misrepresentation of the game that played out.

In spite of that, we created fuck all and didn’t look like scoring all game. What an abominable performance.

Our season isn’t defined by these results but it is saddening how we’ve ended up on the wrong side of a humiliating defeat, again.

2 Likes

Was that at Anfield? No.

no actually it wasnt but that was when people were worried that liverpool would go unbeaten they were that good that season but then somehow lost 3-0 to waford. No one not even Mancity got results against them…goes to show it isnt as straight forward as a ‘crap team beats you so you’re crap’

I reckon if we managed to beat Liverpool today it would have been deemed ‘an off day’ for liverpool and we were lucky.

2 Likes