Lisandro Martinez

Deserved red

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t even reviewed.

Crazy stuff, even worse than the elbows Jesus received against Southampton. Crazy that this is not reviewed, but brushing a forehead with your head is an instant sending off.

1 Like

I thought you English cunts are all about hard men in football. A little elbowing shouldnā€™t phase you. What has become of yā€™all

Expected. So the club didnā€™t push as much as the media made it seem. Same with Raphinha.

Donā€™t blame though. Having both Arsenal and Man Utd in your headlines sells soā€¦

Sounds more like VDS is still a salty manc loving knob.

We got Zinky, we donā€™t need your trash cheers Edwin.

13 Likes

That reads as if he went out of his way to not negotiate with Arsenal.
or maybe they know they canā€™t milk us as much they would have with United and to be fair, thatā€™s what happened.

Martinez is a good player but United severely overpaid.

2 Likes

Heā€™s also a dirty, elbowing cunt.

Thatā€™s just pashun tho innit :henry2:

1 Like

Whilst itā€™s becoming more common to deploy a playmaker at fullback (Cancelo, Trent and Zinchenko come to mind as the obvious ones), the whole system needs to be in place for that to work.

United donā€™t play anything like that. And without Martinez at CB, the centre of their defence is a pile of wank.

Iā€™m happy with Zinchenko as our option in that position. Not as good a defender as Martinez clearly, but Zinny does everything else better in terms of what we want from that half-8 position

1 Like

Martinez is a pretty good playmaker too tbf.
I think Zinchenko does have the edge with crosses though. Pretty underrated in that regard.

Of course he does. He has Jesus on his side.

2 Likes

Is it just me who thinks Martinez is being massively overrated? Flitters between brilliant and bozo.

2 Likes

He wouldnā€™t live with/against a decent winger.

Martinez is fucking quality, I reckon if weā€™d have got him weā€™d have the best defence in the league.

White- Saliba-Gabriel - Martinez :heart_eyes:

Very happy with Zinchenko and what he contributes to build up play and being so calm on the ball though.

3 Likes

No, Iā€™m in the same camp. I think heā€™s a great player but a bit to reckless. Thatā€™s why I wouldnā€™t have him as a first choice CB myself. Certainly someone who needs the right partner to work there.
He does need someone calmer like Varane and Lindelof but when itā€™s him and Maguire itā€™s all gung-ho defending.
Varane is used to it from Madrid playing with Pepe and Ramos.

Imagine a backline with Romero and Martinez as CBs.

1 Like

I think long-term Martinez would have had a greater effect there.
Main attraction with Zinchenko is that he was the best fit to come in and hit the ground running as he knew exactly what Mikel wanted in that role and from what I understand heā€™s made a great impact in the locker room along with Zinchenko.

Juls from ESPN mentioned that someone told him Jesus and Zinchenko have made a big difference in that aspect, training has become more competitive and theyā€™ve been great motivators for the lads.
I know heā€™s missed more than a few games but Zinchenko has had a big hand in our strong start.

Pundits want to act like the Brentford and City games didnā€™t happen. Martinez has been good especially when next to Varane. However, Iā€™m seeing his name pop up in team of the season to date etc and am baffled by it.

People moan about our Brentford game constantly being mentioned lol

Imo itā€™s funny to laugh at the time but you really canā€™t hold new players to their opening games in the August of the season

Heā€™s been part of other poor United defensive performances amongst some very good ones.

Heā€™s been a good signing, but he isnā€™t the same when Varane isnā€™t there.

Heā€™d have been class here for us, but Zinny probably offers more.