Lisandro Martinez

Martinez partnership Varane is working well works so well :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:. Martinez is the aggressor of the two, much like Ramos was when Varane partnered him. Maguire was the problem and playing with Martinez might have made Martinez a lot worse than he is, Maguire does not compliment any player unless he plays in a back three . Iā€™ve never rated but not But now I realised how bad Maguire really is was he made Varane look like a finished player :joy: and Martinez a flop signing :weary: . By the way I think Martinez is a far better footballer than Gabriel (who I like ). Early days though.

Varane was Man Utdā€™s best defender for sure today. Too many people trying to jump on the bandwagon to defend Lisandro. The stats mediums are having a great time posting his 100% duels won, Man Utd fans are eating it all up. Bashing/praising Utd certainly gets you great traction.

Be interesting to see how they fair against us next week. A convincing win at OT will be nice.

Their defence looks so much better without slabhead.

1 Like

That was quite a poor game TBH. Would have been a good test for him had Southampton not been so poor. They just couldnā€™t get Adams involved enough, and he was deliberately positioning himself near Martinez.

Iā€™m looking forward to Haaland slapping Lisandro around like a ping pong ball.

It will be the Terminator vs Frodo Baggins. Not even Samwise Gamgee can save him from that shit

10 Likes

They faced each other before already.
Looking forward to Jesus v Martinez myself.

Cant wait for this hobbit to get exposed. He is not even elite with his feet. Gabby J will man handle him next week.

Please keep your LOTR fanfic in the appropriate thread.

I feel like you guys are forgetting that the hobbits came out on top every time

4 Likes

Why didnā€™t they just fly on those enormous eagles to Mt. Doom? Why the fuck did we have a whole trilogy about it instead?!?

Mr Tolkien has the answer to that.

2 Likes

Wow, handing me an L from beyond the grave. Thatā€™s pretty special.

2 Likes

Saliba v Haaland will be interesting

Not really, unless you find the story of Erling being pocketed for 95 minutes riveting.

3 Likes

Sounds like something Iā€™d watch over and over if we take all three points tbh.

Man Utd would be cooking if Heisenberg clocked his left back options suck and copied Artetaā€™s idea to use him at LB instead.

He has been really good for them at CB to be fair. Their best CB and best overall defender by a mile.

Iā€™m happy with Zinny but a Martinez-Gabriel-Saliba-White backline would have been insane. Martinez is basically a left footed White.

3 Likes

Varane is their best CB. Itā€™s moreso using their current assets better. Shaw is shit. Malacia is too raw.
I reckon they would look better with:
Dalot-Varane-Maguire-Lisandro

Disagree to be honest. Varane has been better than last year but he canā€™t stay healthy and Martinez has been the real standout even when Varane has been on the pitch.

Shaw has actually been playing pretty well for them over the last month (not so much today).

IMO, any solution that involves Maguire starting is not a good one.

1 Like

Disgusting behaviour.

2 Likes