Lionel Messi ๐Ÿ

1 Like
3 Likes

Probably got indigestion watching Ronaldo

13 Likes

โ€œGiving everything on the pitchโ€ but also spends half the game walking around :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Should we give Messi the Ozil treatment, as he pretty much walked a lot during game?

1 Like

No he impacted and contributed.

8 Likes

Learned recently he puts tablets in his socks and takes them during games to prevent getting nauseous.

Nausea tabs, riiight. The Tour de France cyclists do this too.

2 Likes

Iโ€™d gladly spew in the toilet before every game if I got paid his salary. Fuck outta here with that โ€œthe money isnโ€™t worth itโ€ nonsense.

2 Likes

All that soy milk would make anyone sick amirite

1 Like

:fire:.

Jorge Valdano words come to fruition

3 Likes

This tournament run from Messi totally shits on his WC 2014 run.

1 Like

Messi has changed his penalty run-up. Got a bit of a Jorginho hop to it now.

Slightly illegal too but not enough for the ref to invalidate it.
Fair play, took him 20 years to learn how to take pens. Been mind-blowing for me for such talented player to be so poor at an 8/10 chance of scoring so often.

I swear he has more of a chance of scoring a FK than a pen.

Nah.

And 8/10 is about the overall average for pens. So heโ€™s average at them or slightly above maybe. No real shame in it, I think the comms said this was his 131st career pen or something and heโ€™s scored over a hundred. Like ffs those are crazy numbers.

2 Likes

He has the record for most penalties missed at the WC. Not a great record.

Thereโ€™s obviously an element of skill in penalty-taking but the nature of it means even then you probably wonโ€™t score them all, especially over a decent sample size.

1 Like

Heโ€™s missed 2 pens at the World Cup. As Shams says, heโ€™s an average penalty which is strange given how heโ€™s godly at pretty much every thing else.

Little bit relevant but I saw this the other day. Henry apparently missed 5 of the 8 penalties he took in the Champions League.

1 Like

Damn. Itโ€™s a GOAT thing then?

1 Like