Lionel Messi ๐Ÿ

Seems quite insane that we donโ€™t have a thread dedicated to perhaps the greatest player to ever play the game.

Thought the below video was a really well done piece from Tifo football (as is usually the case).

7 Likes

Should he have pushed for a move away in the last couple of seasons with Barcelona on the decline?

I think he is so attached to Barcelona that he never would have done that.

Iโ€™d love to have seen him move to City under Pep.

The romantic in me would loved to have seen him play for Sarriโ€™s Napoli too lol

2 Likes

Heโ€™s Mr Barca himself. Iโ€™m all for players who commit their entire careers to one club.

2 Likes

This thread prompted me to watch 2012-13 goals of his. Such great bunch of finishes and so precise.

Truly the greatest to play the game.

2 Likes

:goat: :goat:

4 Likes

Great shame now is how few people might get too see him play live again.
Itโ€™s a sobering thought really.

5 Likes

:sob: I didnโ€™t think of this.

Glad I did when I got the chance.
I feel for those Messi fans as it is a privilege to see him live.

2 Likes

This will be one of my great regrets in life, never seeing him play live.

3 Likes

Great soccer player.

I saw him against Real Sociedad a few years back. Messi, Suarez and Neymar but I was worried Messi wouldnโ€™t be fit as he was out injured prior to the game. He wasnโ€™t fully fit but they played him any way and all 3 of the big guns scored.

Iniesta was majestic that day. The way he plays is unlikely anything I had ever seen at that point.

One of the best experiences ever was watching MSN play live.

3 Likes

I had tickets to Barcelona vs Osasuna in 2013 and missed the game because my flight got delayed 4 hours in Newcastle, from memory Barca won 5-1 and Messi scored 4. Do you feel for me ?

Got to the Nou Camp at about the 60th but they wouldnโ€™t let me and my mate in at that point :cry:.

2 Likes

I agree that watching Iniesta live was an amazing experience, you could just follow the rhythm of the game by solely watching him.

Iโ€™ve been lucky enough to see quite a few La Liga games over the past 4/5 years and watching Messi and Iniesta was definitely the highlight. As for the MSN that is definitely one of the greatest forward lines of all time, they comparatively underachieved as a team considering the talent they had

2 Likes

Damn man, I feel for you.
You should have sued the airlines

1 Like

You joking? :sweat_smile:

Nope. Seeing Messi in England would have been a very enjoyable experience haha

1 Like

Set and forget FPL captain :joy:

this guy was alright, will most likely be forgotten after he retires

1 Like

Barca as soon as that happensโ€ฆ

Low-key one of the biggest egos in the game and has great shithousery too. Hats off to him getting away with it.