Lionel Messi 🐐

Off the top of my head Pasarella and Valdano are icons.

I think alot of gloss is given to Maradona in 86 which is unfair on the team tbh. As i said he was the superstar in that team but it was a very good squad

1 Like

Alexis Sanchez’ bitch.

Could never be my goat.

I agree that Pasarella and Valdano were no bums, but they were over their prime already in 86

That’s a strong tournament though and they were not favourites.
Brazil, Italy,France, West Germany and an emerging Denmark highly fancied.
Factor in strong Belguim,Spain, Soviet and Belgium teams.

SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Arabian goats :sunglasses:

1 Like

Reminds me of fans chanting “Messi” at Ronaldo.

Ronaldo rightly called them abnormal. Why not cheer for your club/nation instead?

They’re Saudi Arabia fans, they probably never get the chance to banter anyone. Let them have their day.

4 Likes

They’re gonna mecca big deal outta this, I’m sure

3 Likes

Messi FC not taking today’s events well

2 Likes

I hope those graves had a better history than footballing related demise.

he could leave the tourny now and cry on the flight back home and film it and put it on instagram and he’d still be top 2 of all time for me. Both his and Ronaldo’s careers have already played out to such a large degree it doesn’t matter what they do now in a footballing sense. imo.

2 Likes

I agree. There isn’t much room at the top table though - the likes of Pele, Maradona, Zidane have the Jules Rimet. Messi being dumped out early and say Piers’ mate going on to win might just change the order.

Messi is an all time great without doubt, but greatest? I mean look at Zidane and R9in their last World Cup. G. O. A. T. Behaviour including the headbutt.

1 Like

fair point, headbutting is true goat behaviour.

4 Likes

Who the GOAT is will always be a big debate. Today’s generation of fans will lean towards Messi and Ronaldo as that’s who they’ve been most exposed to.
If Mbappe continues with his trajectory he’ll be regarded as a potential GOAT too.

Would have been in the discussion already if he left PSG.

Nah, regardless of the club he plays for it’s far too early in his career for him to actually be in the discussion.

1 Like

Well, he is close to “completing” football already.
WC already under his belt, just waiting on a CL now.

I think once Ronaldo and Messi are out of the picture his “claim” in the GOAT debate will be clearer. The media will surely try to shove it down our throats in search of the new “face” of football as well.

1 Like

If Mbappe matches Ronaldo’s trophy haul and goal scoring, I could see him overtaking him.
Overtaking Messi is a little more complicated.

Tbf Ronaldo did most of the work he is known for by this age.

Wasn’t Messi in the discussion by the time he reached 23?

1 Like

For making an absolute mockery of Manchester United, I am tempted to shift to Team Ronaldo.

2 Likes