Ligue 1

Great goal from Mbappe:

Score is 2-1 currently. Lille are dominating PSG at Parc des Princes. Feels like a normality nowadays.

Two injuries ahead of the 2nd leg. Shame that they’ve lost Nuno Mendes.

Losing Neymar isn’t great but at least PSG will now have 8 players trying to defend instead of the 7 they had a few days ago.

Image to what is likely a sprained ankle

Watching Marseille vs PSG. Tavares has zero composure. Shame because he’s a dangerous player.

Playing right wing back.

He’s definitely dangerous alright.

Messi and Mbappe combining well. No Neymar simplifies much of what they do.

Mbappe and Messi show.

I’m not as familiar with the French criminal system beyond watching Spiral via torrent in college but how can a prosecutor hope to prove a rape with no victim unless there’s an eyewitness who can provide non-hearsay testimony.

Really liking what I’m seeing from PSG since Neymar sustained his injury. The team is much better balanced. They are a bit lopsided in attack but it’s in a good way.

Versus Bayern, if they can skew their pressing so that they force the play towards the right side of pitch, preventing their left-side (Messi’s side) from being targeted/exploited, they have a chance. I hope they prevail

The problem still exists with the remaining two players doing fuck all when defending though. How did they manage to concede two before HT?

psg suck

Donnarumma

The first was quite similar to RvP’s goal against Barca in terms of the angle. The second goal developed from Donnarumma fumbling a fairly routine parry.

True, but I’m assuming Mbappe will put in a bit more effort on that end…probably foolishly

1 Like

Where do you see Messi at the end of the season and where do you want to see him?

You think a Barca return is in the cards?

Barca? Nah. Joan Laporta is still the president and I’m sure Messi’s team holds a grudge on the way Messi exited. Plus, they don’t have the financial capabilities

Out of all the realistic landing spots, PSG would be where I’d prefer. Ligue 1 has the right amount of competition on a game-to-game basis for it to be interesting even if PSG should/do win 80% of their games.

2 Likes

The play should be MLS I think. It’s much more fun seeing Messi being the star man, and unfortunately that isn’t the case at PSG.
It’s just awkward seeing Messi not being THE guy of his team, and we’ve seen it with Argentina that he can still be that.

I guess. I just know I won’t be watching Messi in the MLS. Even tonight against Nantes where he’s not necessarily at centre of every PSG attacks, when the ball does find it’s way to him there’s no doubting his impact.

MLS doesn’t move me at all

3 Likes

He should come and help is retain the title, maybe bag that CL that’s been eluding him since back in the day.

1 Like

He’s free to take one of the #8 spots or perhaps play up top as a false #9. :eyes:

Adidas will give us the money to make Messi a reality.

Always funny hearing a bilingual Brit.

6 Likes