Leicester City Vs Arsenal (PL)

Tielemans is hugely overrated. I’m pretty certain we never see him thrive at a big club.

Having said that, he has the ability to prove me wrong. I just don’t see what’s so special about him.

Systems means so much. Because our players are labouring under Emery, their image suffers.

1 Like

Yeah Tielemans wouldn’t do much here, I agree.

Barnes or Maddison, though…

I think Leno is slightly better than Schmeichel.

Those two are the best 'keepers in the Premiership, though.

Leicester will score 3 or 4 against us and we won’t be able to match their intensity. We will crumble before their onslaught. They’ll score 3 or 4 today, easily.

Might as well try and profit from this inevitable shit show. Put a mixture of bets on Vardy to score, Leicester to win by 2+, Arsenal booking points etc. Also brought Vardy in as captain on FPL.

Mentally preparing for us getting our backdoors smashed in

I know plenty prefer to see us have a bad result and speed up his departure but I’m dreading seeing my team blitzed and humiliation on TV and radio. So many times been on the receiving end in the last decade of this situation.

1 Like

Honestly feel they have a goal within three minutes.

We will equalise with a decent goal, before conceding again straight away. They’ll score another one before HT. 3-1.

2nd half will be a bit more quiet, they’ll score a 4-1 at some point.

Move on from this shitshow asap.

2 Likes

I’ve taken one for the team and triple captained Vardy so he definitely won’t be scoring today.

1-1 Arsenal

3 Likes

I actually think we wont lose this at all. We play well against top teams under Emery.

I think the reason players like Tielemans and Maddison are so effective at a club like Leicester because the manager plays them to their strengths, in their favoured position, something which both Wenger and Emery have failed to do with several of our better players.

So many very good players have been played out of their best position like Lacazette, Aubameyang, Torreira, Ozil, and before that, Walcott, Chamberlain, Sanchez, Welbeck etc, as well as several younger players.

If you look at managers of clubs that have been successful, but without the budget of a top club, they have a system and players that fit that system, rather than messing around trying to shoehorn players in, that are clearly not suited or not happy with it.

I have never understood why both Wenger and Emery do this.
They always seem to be tinkering with players positions, which is not only frustrating for the player involved but also the supporters that have to watch it.

Just play the best player in their best position in a system that works for them.
That’s what Leicester do and why they are above us.
Look at Sheffield United, they not only beat us, but outplayed us with a team that is worth less than what we paid for Pepe.

I’ll tell my grandchildren about you.

seriously feel we’ll get rekt, they’ve been scoring for fun lately. hope now is when it turns around for us.

1 Like

I think we’ll get a draw, which will be an annoying result but we tend to do slightly better against teams above us, although we are playing away which isn’t something we do that well.

I’ll go score draw maybe 2-2 Vardy and Maddison for them and Aubameyang and Sokratis for us.

Edit, I’ll change the scorer to Luiz as Sokratis isn’t playing

Going to the game…

…but I’m in the home stand :scream:

5 Likes

RIP

Much like @Cristo, I’ve made Vardy captain today. If he scores, I cheer.

Arsenal are winning today, though. 1-2

1 Like

You’ll be fine, you won’t have to hide any delight because there won’t be any delight to hide :laughing:

5 Likes

You going to get one of them clapping things they have.
Oh the joy of being surrounded by them.:confounded:

1 Like

To be honest I admire Leicester because they have achieved without big money. They have a very decent manager who is getting the best in effort and play out of this bunch of players. I want to beat them because we are better, not because we are lucky and at present all we have to look forward to on every game is how lucky we can be.

Have a feeling the first half will be pretty tight. Emery will probably set us up with a flat three in midfield, he can’t resist that. We’ll putz around in a low block and try to counter with three midfielders who don’t really offer the correct amount of connectivity or creativity.

It might be enough to get us to halftime 0-0 but we’ll give up a goal early in the second half and fall apart from there. Hopefully he’s fired before the bus gets back to London.

2 Likes

Honestly think this will be a repeat of April

Nah we’ll setup well and stifle them. Bore draw.

If they win it’ll be marginal.