Leeds United Vs The Arsenal (PL)

Still though, he’s right, there should just be clear guidelines.

2 Likes

I reckon we would if we played them now. But yeah, Brentford were gonna give us a hard time that night even with Laca or Auba starting up top.

1 Like

Didn’t Liverpool have 3 out last night. Surely has to be more than that.

1 Like

There should definitely be clear guidelines but I don’t think the situation was anticipated by the bodies that make the rules. It’s a failing on their end but can’t be making excuses about the Brentford result we still had a good enough team to not lose the way we did.

FIFA should have set clear guidelines and they didn’t and now we’re in a position where decisions are being made on a game by game basis which is a farce. At this stage, call the league off for 2 weeks and get players back in their bubbles for now.

1 Like

Didn’t United only have a few out ?

Supposedly Brentford won because newly promoted teams are now invincible, so being able to pick a different out of form striker couldn’t have saved us.

1 Like

Educated guess- is the game going ahead?

Been offered three tickets. No point me buying one if this will be rearranged for a weekday. (Seller won’t buy back unless he has a buyer for the rearranged fixture)

I’d say yes. Leeds injury crisis isn’t Covid related

1 Like

Do players (on both sides) normally have one last covid test on the day of kick off?

I.e. we’d get absolute confirmation as to whether the game goes ahead at some point tomorrow, right? Rather than today…

I believe it’s either early Saturday morning or on the night before. I know the clubs do Covid tests at training I believe

1 Like

Tuchel said Chelsea had 4 positive cases and they still had to play

Do they have to isolate after getting negative tests?

If you test the night before and have a match 24 hours later isn’t there a small window of time where someone could be exposed to COVID and be contagious? I’m very foggy on that whole timeline.

Relieved to wake up and see as it stands this match is still going ahead.

2 Likes

Any chance this game gets postponed?

Massive chance. Bielsa probably coughing on his players as we speak.

9 Likes

If Leeds have any sense they’ll make sure this happens. An away game where we are starting favourites and they are riddled with injuries. Hard to see us not fucking it

Leeds will definitely try and get this game postponed. Their squad is ravaged by regular injuries but they’ll cite Covid as the reason.

Reckon we’re going to be disappointed with a late postponement

2 Likes

They’re more than welcome to take the -3GD loss right now if their squad depth is that shit

2 Likes

This could be our biggest win of the season.
Our goal difference is poor and we have to take full advantage of Leeds situation.

So unless Leeds sit behind the ball and just try to stop us from scoring, rather than going for a win or draw, we should be looking to get three or more goals.

With Martinelli hitting a bit of form and with Saka, ESR, Odegaard and Lacazette, we’ve got the players to do it so, as long as we don’t have to rely on penalties, we should fill our boots.

I’ll go 4-0 Martinelli, Lacazette, Saka and ESR.

3 Likes

I was studying the league table this morning for like the first time all season and I was really surprised by everyone’s GD. I’m not saying this to stick up for our abysmal goal difference but every single team outside the top 3 is practically in the minus.

The only other that is respectable is West Ham on 7 who lets be honest we could have been by 2 or 3 more on another night.

Really crazy league this season, 3 teams are flat track bullying the entire league. It’s not going to be pretty for whoever ends up in 4th.

It would be great to win by a margin tonight but with our terrible away form I’ll take any win in any fashion

3 Likes