Leeds United Vs The Arsenal (PL)

Couldn’t get a ticket in the end. All sold :cry:

Kinda wish it’s postponed now evil laugh

3 Likes

Match of The Day is factually accurate now at least

1 Like

What is likelihood this can still be called off? Are the tests already in for the day?

I imagine with 9 players out due to injury and suspension Leeds will be faking as many covid tests as possible haha

2 Likes
5 Likes

Really glad we’re getting to play, the more points we can put in between us and our rivals the less of a worry the games in hand are.

8 Likes

Agreed.

I’m still giving it until 4pm, though. That was how close to kick off (hour and a half) Burnley and Watford was postponed in the week.

I’ll be seething if it gets cancelled because it’s clear they’re just having bad injuries but they’d be foolish not to try and exploit this shit situation that doesn’t seem to have proper protocols in place.

Having to play Brentford in our first game hasn’t bothered me, we fucked that with slow transfer dealings and poor squad depth. Yet if we lose this opportunity this evening to continue forward our momentum and embrace of top 4 over our rivals then it’s another story and we’ll have been fucked over.

3 Likes

I’m guessing the only way it can be cancelled now is positive Arsenal cases?

Surely, however, as the away side, the players’ tests have been done :thinking:

If it is, I hope the club goes legally against the PL.
We’ve had plenty of matches like this over the years and nobody felt sorry about us.

I have no idea man, no one seems to know what the fuck is going on, what the structure in place is and why it seems different for every fucking game.

Even though like I said I’m not annoyed about the Brentford game I can understand why some people are. Seems weird to be so subjective about something so serious. Should have been protocol going in from day one on what was grounds for postponement.

Feels like everyone involved with football in this country just wants to bury their head in the sand and get the football played on TV by any means necessary- until suddenly that isn’t possible and the entire Xmas fixture list collapses. Twats.

1 Like

We had a defendant print out a fake positive COVID test to get a postponement.

1 Like

Surely we can say now which fixtures will go ahead on Boxing Day and which won’t?

E.g. Leicester couldn’t play on Thursday. 10 days isolation means those same players can’t play on Boxing Day (just about) and all those games cancelled this weekend- surely those same players and teams can’t be involved on Boxing Day due to isolation rules, either?

Looking increasingly stupid that they didn’t opt for a circuit breaker and retooled the schedule.

And for all the (alleged) concern about tv deals or advertising, the EPL and clubs have buildings full of lawyers far more talented than I am who would be primed to either weasel around contracts (or more likely) strike a deal.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Aaaah Peep Show, such good tv :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another one :rofl:

5 Likes

What’s the point in having an academy and youth teams if you can’t promote them for a game in situations like this?

We are still gonna fuck this up aren’t we :grin: