Layvin Kurzawa

Saw that on Twitter too but haven’t seen any proof yet.

1 Like

5 seasons, damn that’s risky for a player with his injury record.

1 Like

Wonder if we’ll be used more as a bargaining chip by super agents now that we deal with them more.

That can’t be true (I hope).

This club is poorly run. Stan put the wrong people in place.

1 Like

David Ornstein outed as Tier 2 now!?

1 Like

Legit, why spend £25m on Tierney who’s been amazing from what we’ve seen only to go and give Kurzawa a 5 year contract lol?

I thought we were supposed to have gotten better at this stupid contract malarkey.

1 Like

This looks like a really bizarre acquisition. Fuckwit Don Raul strikes again. The worst head of football we’ve seen at the club for decades.

Because he’s free and we need a back up once we get rid of Kola

Because we’ll always need more than one left back, for the next five years and beyond?

Yeah but surely there must be a more Monreal type LB signing out there rather than signing a guy in his prime who’s going to want big wages and won’t want to be second fiddle.

Or maybe a younger LB signing to be an understudy to Tierney.

If we’re going to wait until summer I really think we should push the boat out and try and get a special talent like Alaba who can cover multiple roles. It would give us so much more freedom as he could work as a CDM, winger, whatever you need. He’s the ultimate modern day utility player and it would also facilitate Tierney to play left CB in a crisis. And let’s be honest it’s not even a crisis for Arsenal to have this sort of strain on our squad it’s just a normal fucking season for us at this point.

5 Likes

We need players like that. We don’t need mediocre players who are prepared to sit on the bench. Got enough of those already.

You want competition for each spot

1 Like

Why are people so confident we can do this. Guy is on way more wages here than anyone else is giving him.

I hope this is true. Such a nonsense transfer in every aspect. The guy’s mentality alone should be a red flag for the club. We’re trying to clear out the wasters, not add more to the bench.

I’m certain if we put our scouts to the task, they could find a younger, hungrier and cheaper alternative to fit what Arteta wants.

2 Likes

This is a good point tbh, even if he’s loaned or let go on a free it’d be worth doing to get an upgrade

1 Like

Agreed. Not convinced this guy is an upgrade. Also, I have never seen him play. :slight_smile:

I haven’t either, I liked his youtube highlights, as unreliable as that is lol

To be fair Kurzawa isn’t on big wages now so I don’t think he’s likely to get too big a wage bump coming here even if it is a free transfer.

He’s on like €70k a week at PSG so I don’t imagine he earns much more at Arsenal. We’l probably give him a healthy signing on bonus.

Kola is on like £120-140k a week so shifting his wages is priority.

1 Like

kola is on 190k unfortunately