Lautaro Martínez

Inter are broke. Athletic reporting that by the end of the transfer window they need a 80m profit…they want to hold onto to Lukaku but reports are they are open to selling Martinez if they receive a very good offer for him. I don’t think they wanted to sell Hakimi but they did for big money. One of the reasons that Conte left Inter at the end of last season. There is an opportunity here!

1 Like

This would be a big home run. Not getting my hopes up.

1 Like

There are many reasons they will consider the sale of Lautaro

1. Lautaro is asking for a big wage in his renewal which is beyond Inter at the moment and arguably beyond them for the foreseeable future. The Suning group ran into extreme difficulties and are no longer able to finance the Inter project in the way that they had hoped. There was a point where they couldn’t even afford to pay the players wages and needed some external finances to facilitate this.

2. Lautaro has flirted with the idea of moving previously and was in negotiations with Barcelona mid season in Conte’s first year which caused some issues at the club. His agent spoke openly about his dream to play with Messi and that is something Inter fans and management haven’t forgotten. There is a strong sentiment in some Inter fan circles that the Lautaro speculation (alongside a failure to strengthen the midfield) destabilised the teams performances in the first year of Conte.

3. There is a chance that Inzaghi will prefer to use a one striker system and in that system Lukaku is much more likely to be the main protagonist. If Inzaghi mimics his Lazio system, Lautaro will have to mirror the role for Correa which isn’t impossible but also ideally not what he wants.

4. He’s a big asset. His value will steady the Inter books this year and the sale of Hakimi and Lautaro will allow them to balance the books and probably sign Nandez / Bellerin

14 Likes

Damn son that’s exactly what I wanted to hear lol, more substance in that answer than a fucking Athletic article.

What price do you think and would you be really happy to see him here considering you’re one of the 3 or 4 who genuinely watch Italian teams outside of the CL.

Edit never mind read down and saw you already commented and highly regard him.

2 Likes

We need to squeeze these cunt.

We know they’re desperate for money and Martinez is want-a-way.

Bellerin + £40m take it or leave it

1 Like

I think Inter will prefer a cash only deal and will shun any idea of including Bellerin. They are reluctant to commit to Bellerin which is why they are only interested in a loan with an option.

Lautaro, along with Hakimi and Lukaku are the three major assets they had on the market this summer and the priority has always been to keep Lukaku.

I think signing Lautaro would cost us a lot of money. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us break the Pepe record in order to bring him here. It’s worth remembering they got £60m+ add ons for Hakimi so it’s pretty simple - pay them what they want and they’ll sell. They rebuffed multiple offers for Hakimi and they’ll do the same with Lautaro too.

Anybody who thinks we can pressure Inter into selling is underestimating Marotta and the resolve of the Inter board to balance the books but not get fucked in the process

2 Likes

If we are going to go for him, we should go in hard…think it would take £60m plus Bellerin. Barca were looking at a £100m deal pre-Covid. Inter value him highly so if we try and low ball them, it is only going to piss them off. Should move quickly and go in with a realistic bid. Bellerin’s wage savings helps pay for Martinez’s wages!

1 Like

I was thinking of the deal in these kind of terms, breaking Pepe money essentially means that our entire summer is over with this one signing. I’m not against it or anything that’s just a bit mad.

Inter rejected the notion of any cash + player deal from PSG and Chelsea for Hakimi. They have tracked Emerson for a while but totally rejected the idea of Emerson + cash from Chelsea because their preference is to balance the books.

I think in all likelihood, we’ll agree to a loan for Bellerin with an option to sweeten Inter and then probably secure Lautaro for around £70m

Oh no, RIP Maddison.

Where would his best position be in this team set up right now?

It’s a weird signing because it either means that Arteta is shifting Auba to the left permanently or that he plans to use Martinez on the left lol.

It’s a bit of a confusing one because either way it directly impacts Auba

I know nothing about him, is he any good?

Eugh that’s unsettling, at least with Maddison you know where everyone is playing though you’d imagine - and I’m saying this knowing nothing outside YouTube of the player - that Lautaro would be more dynamic on the left than Auba and ESR’s shirt number would now be literal.

In theory we could do a lot worse but I dunno how to feel just yet.

1 Like

I don’t think Lautaro is possible but if we did get him the best possible scenario IMO would be to shift Auba this window. Auba on the left has never really made sense and is only possibly justified if you have a striker like Laca who just doesn’t score enough. And Auba as backup CF is a recipe for discontent and drama. Much better to have Laca as backup CF for a season.

—Lautaro—
Saka-ESR-Pepe

That would be a super exciting front four, with Martinelli and maybe a low cost CAM (if we’re spending big on Lautaro) rotating in.

I’m not sure anybody would take Auba but if we’re bringing in Lautaro I would sell him for a nominal fee just to get rid of the 300k per week wages and also for squad harmony.

1 Like

Will Lautaro Martinez be of any use to us if we keep Xhaka and don’t improve the creativity in our midfield?

Shifting Auba to bring in someone at 70 million sounds like an awful idea, whether people like it or not Auba is one of our strongest assets and one of our best hopes of getting back into top 4 if he can find form.

4 Likes

Go big on Lautaro and sign Odegaard on loan with an obligation to buy next year

3 Likes

We can’t spend £70m on Martinez if it fucks our chances of sorting out our midfield.

Don’t care how good he can turn out to be, look how toothless Auba was last season because of our shite midfield.

1 Like

We’d be getting a more complete all round forward on the cusp of his prime, even giving Auba the benefit of the doubt on last season with the no creative midfielders for the first half of it, he’s got 1-2 years.

4 Likes

Lautaro won’t be short of suiters. Liverpool should be in for him as a Firminio replacement, City and Chelsea might even pull the trigger if they can’t get Kane/Haaland.

2 Likes