Lautaro Martínez

Dudes an animal on my Fifa career mode. Based on those credentials I say we sign him

1 Like

I actually liken Martinez to Suarez. They’re not identical players but I think much like Suarez he smashed it in a two and if you give him the role as first choice striker at a team he’ll smash it on his own too.

What I think will happen if we do bring him in is that it spells the end of any chance of Auba ever playing as a striker again. Martinez is basically the archetypal forward for Arteta’s 4-3-3. He could do everything he wanted Lacazette to do (dropping deep and trying to bring others into play and creating space for the wide men) but he can also fashion chances for himself, had dangerous movement in and around the box and has strong aerial ability as well as very good footwork.

If we sign Martinez we are signing the type of striker you’d have imagined Pep would have been eager to sign had he not decided to go all English this summer.

This would be a huge huge signing but I have no doubt it’s an £80m+ operation

4 Likes

If Arsenal get a bid accepted, a team with higher aspirations will come in for him. I’m thinking Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Been watching a couple of vids. This guy is a beast.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t see this happening.

2 Likes

This would be a huge signing for us, which makes me really reluctant to give it any thought as I just can’t see us getting it done.

No doubt that next season a big club, most likely Barcelona, will come calling for him so this would be our only shot at it…

4 Likes

I can only see this happening if we get rid of Lacazette to pay for it.
With so many other top clubs needing a striker, is Martinez really going to choose us over them?

Don’t follow Serie A much, but since I follow the Argentine national team and seeing this guy at Copa America, the guy looks like someone who’s a natural dribbler of the ball and also has a decent eye for goal. Scored 3 goals during the tournament I think. And is quite creative for a forward. You look at him and you realise he’s what they call a proper street player in South America. Natural raw talent.
If he’s up for offer, we should look to grab him up immediately imo.

Will be interesting to see this one play out - Would have never pegged Lautaro to Arsenal at the start of the window.

Would be really great if we could package Laca going the other way

1 Like

Simple deal apparently. Lol

Won’t be anything close to simple if an acceptable offer starts at €70m. We’re not Man City!

Bellerin or Laca in part exchange, then sell Bellerin or Laca separately, shouldn’t be an unrealistic net spend

1 Like

Yes, the deals are simple. It’s the medical and official announcement that are usually complicated and take too long :grin:

2 Likes

Thing about Martinez is that he’s a good player but I question whether he can lead the line for a top club as the #1, he reminds of Gabriel Jesus in that way as their general play is quite good indeed but there’s question marks over their ability to be truly prolific.

I don’t quite see these comps to either Suarez or Aguero tbh

Not watched him much so can’t be excited but looks good from reading on here.

Maybe he is the madness

1 Like

It’s back on.

ANNOUNCE MADNESS

4 Likes

This would be a HUGE signing

1 Like

Since when have we ever had a simple deal?

2 Likes

Transfer coup of the decade if we done this. Getting rid of Bellerin and signing this beast of a striker wow!

I would be more than happy to stick with Chambers and Cedric at Right Back if we done this deal.

4 Likes

If this kid is some Dybala/Aguero hybrid in the making why on earth would Inter want to sell? Are they that laser focused on Lukaku that we could actually benefit, or are they just hurting for money that much?

Feels perfect for City as a plan B if they don’t get Kane.