Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

We simply need them to sell as the whole club is in desperate need of a fresh start from top to bottom.

5 Likes

Don’t think that’ll be enough to distract the fanbase. We’re in for a tumultuous off season.

They are not good owners. They are neglecting their property. And not by not investing.

But not doing the basic stuff of their job, like hiring the right people.

they don’t do it in the US.

How much was landing McVey and that Rams GM luck btw?

The Nuggets have a pretty competent front office too, which makes me think it can’t be luck.

But they have no interest in sorting us out. So fuck off and give it to somebody who might.

7 Likes

They don’t have the ability to sort it out. They tried and failed with Gazidis and Raul. Now, they are trying Edu and Arteta.

The Rams and Nuggets get a draft and forced parity with a salary cap. It is much easier to turn things around with those things in place.

I’m sure that the Kroenkes would like for Arsenal to win. They don’t have the ability to make it happen by hiring the right people.

The Spotify CEO should highlight how much the value of Arsenal will continue to decline given its mid table status. Approaching this as Stan losing money might be a way to get him to sell.

3 Likes

It is but you can’t deny the Kroenkes put good people in place to succeed at the Nuggets and Rams. They’re some of the smartest orgs around in their sports.

Whereas arsenal are dumb as fuck.

Shit like this is amateur

When Arteta does get sacked people will start briefing on how some of the board were against him for a whole yada yada.

They have to hire the right people and act quickly when they don’t turn out to be right.

Or just pack it in and don’t bother

2 Likes

The lack of urgency from our board is the reason we’re in this mess.

From Kroenke to the players, complacency rules at this club.

2 Likes

Correct. Instead, any decision that has been made has been reactive in nature. They dithered with how to handle Wenger’s exit and post Wenger structure. They waited too long on giving Emery the hook and we see what’s going on with a new manager not up to the job.

The Nuggets haven’t won anything and they have only been a decent playoff team the last couple of seasons. They won’t win an NBA title.

Rams GM struck gold with McVay (they also stuck with a coach past it in Fischer for a few season too long). Should have a team capable of a playoff run (again) now that they’ve mortgaged the immediate future to see if an older QB with a big arm is capable of getting them back to the SB.

Their MLS team is putrid.

In the sports where they have decent to good teams—the draft and salary caps are big equalizers that a team can get it right eventually. Those structures are also good for aloof owners to not get involved.

For football, there isn’t a league structure to stop Arsenal’s decline or help them improve. And while the Kroenkes have spent money the last few seasons, it has been on the wrong people and players. Until they actually get a competent staff running things, the club will continue to languish where it is.

There isn’t a plan now beyond hoping that Arteta improves and Edu does well with transfers. I have little hope for Arsenal’s immediate future.

1 Like

That forced parity but continued mediocrity for the Rapids tells you everything about where they see soccer/football in their (ugh) portfolio. They just don’t understand who to hire.

3 Likes

100%.

I’m sure that they want Arsenal (and the Rapids) to win. No doubt about it.

The difference is they don’t have the ability to hire the right people that can make that happen.

3 Likes

Not until they remain at least

1 Like

Look I can’t hate on the Sven or Raul hires, you could see the thought process behind those appointments even if they didn’t turn out well BUT the tandem of Arteta and Edu leading the project was a total shot in the dark based on flawed ideals, I can’t defend that.

2 Likes

No one getting fired till the ownership battle is sorted. Arteta is here till Ek buys or stops trying to buy at the very minimum.

1 Like

Me either on Raul or Sven. I thought that they would help the club. Instead, Raul was using his position to enrich himself and agent buddies at the expense of the club.

Sven’s departure after a power struggle within the club was a bit bizarre given his short time here. Isn’t he toiling away at a lower level German club now?

The Edu/Arteta combo is currently a disaster. The manager isn’t up to the job. His initial transfer involvement last year of stopping the Xhaka exit and backing the poor acquisition of Willian suggests that he won’t have answers in the transfer market either.

Yikes

3 Likes

Not exactly. Stuttgart were having a pretty nice season. He also hired a very promising young American coach.

1 Like

Rooney next?

1 Like

They were in the 2nd division when Sven joined. He then bought a bunch of unknown kids turned over the roster and got them promoted. They were in the top 5 in Germany for most of the season until a bad run of form recently but after 2 seasons there he’s got them promoted and mid table.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I don’t follow German football.

Certainly sounds like Sven needed more time here/would be doing a better job with the transfer strategy than whatever strategy (?) Edu/Arteta are doing.

1 Like

Just realised Kroenke bought a 25 million dollar spot for the Call of Duty league and its one of the worst teams in it, no money spent on players it’s just left with the dross. Consistency from the lad.

11 Likes

He does the same with the Rams and the Avalanche. Avalanche was one of the worst teams in NHL history IIRC

2 Likes

I think maybe we overestimate how much winning impacts the bottom line for American sports. It’s all a closed shop so the money is in the broadcast deals right? It doesn’t matter if the Nugs, Rapids, Avalanche or Rams finish first or dead fucking last because there’s revenue sharing, huge tv deals and a guarantee that even the worst team will get a free shot to pick a promising young talent in the draft to help generate buzz and (gasp!) maybe actually win!

The O’s are owned by Peter Angelos who is an awful owner. He ruined the team for most of the 90s up until 2010-2011. I don’t think the value of the team dropped a bit. Shit, even the LA Clippers who were historically awful and required to find a new owner because Donald Sterling is a racist jerk sold for billions, with a b. The Clippers. Billions.

So maybe it doesn’t matter to Stan and Josh if Arsenal win. It might be nice or fun to have a team playing well but I really don’t think it makes one difference to them.

3 Likes