Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

I’m not sure they are willing to spend what it takes to get us back in the top four.
They might give Arteta a bit more in the next window but the following season they won’t give him anything.

They used to do this regularly when Wenger was manager, he would spend big and then the next window spend almost nothing.

But, like you say, what’s the point of spending big when it’s Arteta that is choosing the players?
I’d rather wait and keep the money, then give it to someone who is experienced, successful and who actually knows how to manage a top European club.

1 Like

If Arteta doesn’t win the EL, he has no grounds to ask for more funds.

1 Like

Giving him funds will result in a mob of Chelsea pensioners storming the Arsenal corporate offices trying to get a sweet end of life contract. We’ll be set back even further if this happens. This is the worst case scenario.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, the vast majority of players we have acquired overall under Arteta and Edu have been important ones for the spine of the team or have provided vital cover.

Gabriel, Partey & Odegaard (if he stays) are all key players for this season and beyond. These are the types of players Arteta raves about from a technical and growth perspective.

When Gabriel (who won POTM a couple times) hasn’t been involved, Mari has been important. Cedric and Luiz have also played their parts with their experience. It’s only Willian that’s the true low point imo, and I don’t think the plan was for him to be this ineffective.

The type of player profile that Edu/Arteta wants to build a team has been communicated before. Regardless of the current squads performance, their vision for the type of players that Arsenal needs to compete, is in the right place.

1 Like

Can imagine our manager still saying this in 20 years :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Buendia at the carpet?

Scenes at Arsenal corporate in 21/22.

1 Like

Spotify CEO on CNBC just now… talked about earnings for the quarter and Cramer asking him about Arsenal.

Said he’s been a fan for 30+ years, loves the club, etc.

Interest is real in wanting to buy the club.

One can wish to get away from Kroenke malaise…

Just asking generally who are the best “fan” owners out there who have success to boot? Off the top of my head I’d say Robert Kraft and maybe Mark Cuban

I think owner who are truly self made can somewhat understand working class fan sentiment because maybe they’ve been there. 99% of these oligarchs are inheritance babies that took daddies money and had their investment advisors invest and make them more money.

I believe Dein was a big Arsenal supporter before he bought into the club.

In terms of American sports, Jerry Jones comes to mind. He is a punchline at this point but he won three Super Bowls within six years of buying the team.

4 Likes

Translation “they have been fully brainwashed by my nonsense and I and my mates will continue to loot this club for my hairbrained schemes”

Just so long as not the same shit manager we have now, I could live with that!

I don’t mind fan ownership so long as it’s not hands on ownership where the individual in charge decides he knows more than the professionals running the day to day details.

I’m happy to have a supporter own the club and hire appropriate people. If we had an Ek who owned the club but a Marotta, Campos etc etc running the club then I’d be happy.

2 Likes

To be honest the most realistic thing we can hope for imo is the League mandating a German style 50%+1 rule that would being control back to the fans and force the owners to sell a little.

But I doubt that would be legal or possible either.

1 Like

You’d have to have the government pass a law that fans could purchase shares upto 51% at say Forbes valuation of the company. Then you’d need fans to buy shares in the club and the only way it gets to 51% is if 1 billion plus of share value is purchased

The government won’t introduce that law anyway so it isn’t happening and if they did (they won’t) you’d struggle for fans to purchase at that rate

2 Likes

Fan ownership all the way, but let’s chill. It doesn’t change if the club is run like shit we’re still be unhappy. But at least there might be more room for accountability.

2 Likes

I follow AFC Wimbledon pretty closely and I like really the model. It’s a very community driven club

3 Likes

Sure, the list probably isn’t long. I just found it interesting on a business channel, they devoted a lot more than a passing question of his interest in buying Arsenal.

I think different ownership would be good as the Kroenke’s don’t seem to be able to structure the club in a way to set up success.

Perhaps, the Spotify CEO wouldn’t either, but at least it would be different the malaise/anger that the club seems to be stuck in now.

1 Like

Maybe a government decree stating that football is a national sport and should be protected in the same way cultural tourist destinations like Big Ben or National Museum of History, giving it protected status.

It is the English game after all.

1 Like