Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

If it was profitable he would. We’re in prime real estate with the highest season ticket prices in Europe

What they might do though is a European Super League tour of the US, Saudi, Dubai. Maybe they can even do a tour for @Aussiegooner

1 Like

What evidence is there to suggest that English/British owners aren’t as greedy as foreign ones?

Where is this morality coming from!? No blinked at the overcommercialization and greed in the game over the last 20 years

1 Like

Yep. Spurs are British owned and they jumped at the idea of this tournament. They probably helped lay the groundwork hence their inclusion.

Ultimately - the British owners all generated and profited from the creation of the PL long before big foreign investors came in to take over the clubs.

1 Like

If there wasn’t greed involved they wouldn’t have sold anyway…

The day Arsenal died …

4 Likes

So will KSE spend a fair chunk of the money he rakes in from this ? Or will he just leave us to get punished week in week out ?

TBF we have spent decent amounts despite being out of the CL

2 Likes

Yeah I know we have, just wondering if this propels our spending even further.

The cynic in me says it depends how much league or cup placement (not sure of the structure) affects revenue payouts. And if relegation is possible

Whatever the average would be for the other clubs we’d do the bare minimum trust that.

2 Likes

Just when you think you can’t dislike someone more than you do, they surpass themselves and start a European Super League to leech even more out of the supporters.

Not happy with ruining our club, Kroenke has decided to ruin football in general.

This is what happens when people like him, who no nothing about football and couldn’t care less about the supporters, get involved with the only intention being to make themselves even richer.

2 Likes

No, we’ll be the St. Louis Rams. Look at how bad that team was before they got lucky through the draft and finally fired Jeff Fisher. We won’t have the draft to protect us.

We may end up being more like the Rapids. A team that rakes in a lot of the shared MLS cash but doesn’t spend any of it (i.e.: only one Designated Player).

2 Likes

Think that’s a little silly. As others have pointed out, Spurs are owned by an English person (albeit one who apparently lives in a tax haven somewhere). Juventus are owned by an Italian family.

Up until yesterday the British press couldn’t stop boot licking the Fenway Group and all their wonderful achievements. :xhaka:

The issue isn’t the nationality of the owner, it’s that they’re all just in it to make a shit load of money.

3 Likes

Yep. I should have added “even better than” CL $ without having to qualify.

He won’t do that. London and the Arsenal “brand” are the valuable commodities. Not to mention, he’ll be counting on the Arsenal season ticket holders paying for those tickets.

You are right about the NFL part—this is similar with how the NFL teams share in the TV revenue on a largely equal basis.

My dude, they don’t need anyone paying for tickets anymore. They don’t need people in the ground with this type of money. The entire thing will be set up around capturing American, Indian, Chinese or Gulf State viewers. Expect strange kickoff times to maximize prime time in Doha or LA.

4 Likes

Matchday income is still 100m+

1 Like

They’ll have plenty of empty suits who will buy ticket packages to dazzle clients with a trip to watch the London Cannons play the Madrid Bears while they do lines of coke and close a business deal.

And then you have a couple million people buying PPV tokens at $25/match.

I don’t think they’ll give a fuck about a half empty stadium. They’ll just add crowd noise.

3 Likes

I understand that the TV $ will swamp any other revenues sources exponentially.

However, the match day income is still significant. And I’m sure the expensive Arsenal tickets will be even be more so when they can have games against Barca, Real, etc on the regular.

Even if the fans are “part of the TV set (think a taping in front of a live (!) studio audience :joy:) “ they’ll be eager for that revenue too.

1 Like

Match day income will be significant to some teams but you don’t need ST holding fans for that. You do need to still be somewhere like London though. But if you can fill a stadium why move the franchise elsewhere?

We can survive perfectly well on casuals and tourist fans who want to see Messi in the flesh. I went to a packed Italy vs Brazil friendly at the Emirates once. It’s a big stadium in London where things happen so people will go to it.

5 Likes