Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

Exactly, and the irony is that English football clubs like Arsenal are popular BECAUSE of the local fan base in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Leeds, etc.

I for one am a fan of the fans of Arsenal. I love the history and identity of the club. The historic English tribalism between working class people that plays out on the pitch.

As a kid I loved the NBA but grew bored when I realized I was essentially rooting for corporate brands no different from McDonalds or Burger King.

The kids will still love these teams but the question is will the teams grow with the kids?

1 Like

They won’t have an issue moving tickets. Even the worst NFL team sells a shit ton of tickets.

Again, I’m aware (I’m American if you don’t know and I follow the NFL really, really closely).

I was responding to your other post about the fans.

The difference obviously between the “worst” of the NFL teams and those of the EPL is that the worst NFL teams have a chance to make the playoffs and win a SB. NFL = not for long. :slight_smile:

I gotcha. I think they’re banking on the huge pool (and pull) of a global audience to make up for any parity controls like a cap or draft.

Your average 12y old in Mumbai or LA or Miami doesn’t give a shit about the league or even individual match results. They just want highlights in 60s or less. The ESL will give them that. Mbappe removing Rob Holding’s soul Shao Khan style over and over and over and reposted on Tik Tok for eternity. The matches are only a means to an end for the highlights.

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: FINISH HIM…

I think we are on the same wavelength here.

Absolutely the global audience will be HUGE for this. No way JPMorgan is fronting $4 or $5 billion for the clubs unless that would be the case. TV $ from USA, Africa and Asia will be enormous for a glamor “competition” that will feature Real v City v Liverpool v etc. as opposed to watching Bayern rick roll a Swedish team in the group stages of the CL.

The ESL , won’t go ahead . It’s as simple as that . It’s the ‘big teams’ flexing their monetary muscles, of which the clubs are losing millions each year .
There is no future in this ESL being pushed,

1 Like
3 Likes

1 Like

Respectfully disagree here. Look at the chart @sevchenko posted…

It’s not going to happen, it’s as simple as that.
All the charts in the world won’t take away fan power .
If the PL lost the 6 named teams would Sky pay hight television revenue? No , then on the flip side , less tv money , less sponsorship equals less wages .
The talk of ESL , is just that . It’s talk .
I won’t happen.

1 Like

Aye but at least here there are consequences.

Our awful management meant we stopped qualifying for the CL, got Kroenkes to do something and spend some money for us to try and get back in.

Now there is no impetus for us to do that.

2 Likes

I hate Stan Kroenke’s guts. He’s the only person I don’t know that I genuinely fucking hate with a passion.

3 Likes

6 Likes

???

JPMorgan just fronted in the 4 to 5 billion range the money to the clubs to do this.

The “fans” won’t be boycotting this. Sure, some hardcore fans might be turned off by a closed system. The worldwide viewership gained in the US, Africa and Asia will more than make up those #s. Perhaps, over time fans will get bored of the same clubs playing each other, but that will take a while.

I’m willing to wager that there is no way the respective domestic leagues are going to kick out these clubs. So, the FA is going to take some moral high ground here (which is irony at it’s best) and kick out Arsenal, Liverpool, the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Tottenham??? And lose all of that money? Bollocks. Not too mention, they might very well be in violation of those TV contracts be not having the aforementioned teams to play.

1 Like

MIght find that as it gets bigger and stronger they might start adding teams to it that maybe get to play in it if they are are like the top 4 of their league kinda like the CL places right now…maybe have that sort of system for other teams to come in and give things a go on a season to season basis and the main clubs stay.

1 Like

???
There is absolutely no way that this European Super League will happen .
All these super rich owners will not take away the fans game . Sky’s revenue will plummet , fans will boycott tv .
The players won’t be allowed to represent their country , they won’t be allowed in the PL
The fans game will survive.

Mate it’s happening. And Sky and BT getting dicked by it is one of the best things about it.

3 Likes

It won’t happen and it can’t happen.
There is too much against it .
It’ll be the death of football.
Are there any positives for the ESL other than a money maker ?

I’ve heard this like 248 times in the last 24hrs and honestly it gets me every time. So much melodrama.

The positives for me are it will be more entertaining than playing Dundalk in an empty stadium. More money and recognition for my club. More appeal to the overseas fans. And best of all corrupt cunts like the FA and Uefa are getting rattled beyond belief. I’m loving it.

1 Like

Exactly
Because it won’t happen.