Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

I get what you mean, it’s just i prefer the days when only the players and the manager mattered.
No-one gave a shit or cared about the owners, the physios, agents, Dof’s, executives etc.
Too many people seem to want to have a voice within the club.

1 Like

I’m with you on this. I can never fully love the club anymore because it’s too much about being a brand and everything that goes with that.
It’s not mine anymore.
Spend too much time as fans arguing about spreadsheets than goalsheets.

3 Likes

I completely agree. Wish there would be a global edict to say that clubs have to be 100% owned by the fans. Too many oligarchs ruining it so that all the romance goes out of it.

Very hard for teams like Ipswich and Forest (winning european trophies too) to make it into the higher ecehlons of the game and all the trophies seem to end up with the teams with hundreds of millions pumped into them by their billionaire owners. It seemed much more fun when everyone had a chance and all the money boys weren’t swimming around and players were less mercenary than they seem today.

The romance has really gone out of the game.

3 Likes

As much as I would like supporters to own the club and make the decisions, it would also be interesting to know what it’s like to have an owner who buys the best players and top managers.

Chelsea were going broke and lose their best players, before Abramovich came along.
So their supporters had gone from watching their club possibly going out of business and the next season buying Europe’s elite players and being one of the top European clubs.

I agree that the oil rich teams have ruined it for the rest but it might be nice just to know what it’s like.
I doubt there are many Chelsea or Man City supporters that would prefer to go back to what it was before they had money.

Sounds like any religion or cult…

1 Like

Owners do have to be worried though because passing down families (club loyalty) isn’t automatic, maybe it was quite different 30 or so years ago even if a club wasn’t doing great, but we can see it with kids wearing City shirts despite no family history of having supported City. This was becoming a concern the Kroenke’s had to start seriously paying attention to, and was noted during the doldrums of last season, i.e. the potential of a lost generation of Arsenal supporters and the serious financial hit that would come from that.

4 Likes

Hi can yous sack Edu, Vinai and Arteta already so I can maybe start caring what happens to this club again?

4 Likes

Perhaps they can sack themselves in the process too as I’m not sure they’d replace this trio of incompetence with anything better.

2 Likes

Kroenke’s continuing to spend big in Los Angeles, but as I’ve said before the numbers and return on investment for the NFL all makes sense, while for “soccer”/football it is less clear beyond a long term investment in the same way as buying a house.

I think records show the Kroenke’s did do some ultra low-interest loan stuff to support Arsenal spending last summer though, but a direct parallel with the passion/investment for L.A. Rams has still not been there for Arsenal. I still cringe looking back to KSE actually taking money out of Arsenal for “consultancy” or whatever.

You’re overanalzing.

Rams don’t currently have a permanent HQ/Training facility and land in LA is expensive

The purchase isn’t indicative of the level of attention or investment relating to Arsenal.

4 Likes

I’d just love the Kroenkes in their billionaires mansion to be feeling the agony Arsenal fans are feeling this week

These fucking pricks have given us more than 10 years of decline and mediocrity while fans pay the biggest prices in the world.

They can just fuck out with their wanky make pretend projects and their rooky L plate manager.

4 Likes

LOL the Avs are legit :flushed:

1 Like

NHL OT sudden death is tense af. Avs super aggressive

One win away for the Avs…

They’ve got this, Sev.

1 Like

Kroenke getting his trophy shit in order. Arsenal next.

2 Likes

The man has been on an unreal winning streak in the sports world.

Kroenke-Waltons are now loved in colorado now lol…and North London :eyes:

1 Like

I’d be shocked if he ever wins the league in North London :eye:

The Europa League is a type of league :joy:

1 Like

LOL :joy: