Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

In regards to that income won’t last forever thing, it has been on the cusp of 15 years for City etc now and it isn’t really slowing down.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about Abramovich, but do you think City’ and PSG’ owners are spending all that money for the fun it? They have other goals that are not visible/transparant for us. Owning a football club is a vehicle for those governments for other, more important, too them, things.

1 Like

So he runs us into the ground instead, ruining his investment.
This is just another example of his unsuitability to run a top football club and complete disregard for the supporters who make him richer.

He has ruined the club with his stupidity, greed and negligence.

The bubble is going to burst one day

Yeah we’re gonna get relegated too, playing shit football in front of an empty stadium.

Who said anything about getting relegated?

When Kroenke bought the club, If you had asked any supporter, what would they think of Kroenke if:
We would be out of the CL
We would have consecutive mid table finishes
We’d have no world class players
We’d be nowhere near challenging for the PL title
We’d be breaking records consistently, for all the wrong reasons
and be finishing behind spurs for several seasons in a row,
you would have been laughed at.

But also, any supporter would have said, if all that does happen, Kroenke will have ruined the club.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve long said if you want current ownership to “spend more” or “spend their own money” what you really want is a sugar daddy who makes us their plaything… its a vanity project, not a business investment.

And to a degree, it is always at least somewhat a vanity project. (people who understand opportunity cost and compound interest would understand this).

What makes Kroenke’s bad owners so far has more to hiring mediocre people(they have spent plenty). jury is out on Arteta but i for one am still unconvinced.

And yeah, they are unlikely going anywhere… and oh btw if you want an aggressive owner who pulls out all stops to win, we should hope for the LA Rams owner… oh wait.

A kind of taster of Josh Kroenke’s words for those (including myself) who are pretty cynical about any PR that comes out from the club and found it hard to bother with the video. Not convinced, but still.

I’ve been sitting on the fence over how Kroenke has run the club because every season we’ve got dragged down even further, we have a less than average manager, we have been overtaken by our biggest rivals, we have no world class players and no European football.

But now Josh Kroenke has said “be excited” I know it must be true.
What a great guy.
Honest, truthful and a real Arsenal supporter.

5 Likes

Jesseviolin makes an interesting point about effectively divorcing the club due to the Kroenkes poor stewardship

I gave up my season ticket due to being so disillusioned with them but even now I can’t break the addiction and fantasise about having not just one but two again. I now have 3 red memberships too and am on the verge of finding ways to start going more regularly again. I have tried to fall out of love but still follow them avidly watching them on the TV at every opportunity and now resuming attending regularly through my friends various season tickets and red memberships too. I can’t help myself.

I found falling out of love and divorcing from my first wife and mother of my kids a lot easier. Like the Arsenal since the Kroenkes came in she just wanted my money but really didn’t care very much about me - just pretending too at times (like the be excited claims from Kroenke junior) but I got nothing back and no joy from the relationship. Just used to complain a lot about her to my friends at work in the end until finally drawing stumps on it all.

So I think once Arsenal are in your heart it’s virtually impossible to fall out of love completely no matter what.

As for the Kroenkes the Summer investments have turned my head and I’m now struggling to understand them. I find myself liking a lot of the squad for the first time in well over a decade. Not full of nasty only here for the money bling boys now. I really came to hate players like Ozil and Auba (originally a favourite before he put his feet up). Characters like Ramsdale and Martinelli make all the difference. Feels like some thought and attention for the first time in their tenure.

Maybe further investment and attention will follow but it’s still a mile back to winning a prem title or a CL final. Time will tell if we are entering a new chapter after a diabolical decade.

6 Likes

I’m with you there, minus the actual divorce :joy:

I lived in London once upon a time and used to go up to the Emirates most Champions league games, I’ve seen some of our best home nights in European competition. Hell before I lived there, on a Tuesday or Wednesday, go straight to the train station from work, jump on the train from South Wales to Paddington then head upto the Emirates , get there 30 mins before kickoff and then leave 5 mins early to get the last train back to South Wales at 23.25…Rushing back to Paddington to make the last train home was so stressful!
I used to buy all the shirts every time they released a new one, red Member for easily 15 years+…There’s just too much stuff that’s happened for me to go into and it’s not solely down to just Wenger either but I don’t think I’ll ever truly love this club like I used to and having them in my life is more of a really, really difficult habit to break than anything else.
I applaud the people that chuck money at season tickets and still go to every game after all this, they’re the life and soul of this club, they deserve a say and deserve to be listened to and not just milked for every penny they have, because for me there’s no way that the club will get anymore money out of me unless I have kids which looks very unlikely because this world is fucked!

10 Likes

What is so annoying about the Kroeenke’s is the continual lying to supporters about being “ambitious” or “wanting to compete with Europe’s elite.”

This repeated spin they keep churning out of “be excited,” is clearly because they’re under pressure after consecutive mid table finishes.

They are habitual liars who have ruined the club and will continue to do so.
It’s indefensible and unacceptable.

1 Like

Good thread :arrow_down:

1 Like

Is that explanation for the January window acceptable? Not sure but I appreciate the response from senior management directly

1 Like

There it is in a nutshell for me, your own relationship with football tends to last longer than any real life relationships .
Although I’ve always been fanatical about music, Arsenal and Napoli were always my escape from everything, but being a fan is always out of your own control to how a club is run how they play or what results are achieved.

It is what it is, football is for entertainment and basically if you can’t get along with it, there are plenty more fish in the sea.
Maybe it’s me but I can’t understand how you can carry on a relationship with something if you are constantly criticising it.

3 Likes

Family connection?

I’m the same.
Music is probably the most important thing to me closely followed by football but the difference is, I’m not tied to music in the same way as I am football.

Supporting a football club is like a family, you might disagree with them but you are still tied to them and it’s just something you can’t change.

With music, film, or any other form of entertainment, you can like anything, or change what you watch or listen to, whenever you want.

Football is a unique business because however bad the product is, the consumer won’t go elsewhere and unscrupulous owners will use this to take advantage of supporters.

1 Like

One side of my family is from Sicily but I studied and worked in Naples for about 10 years

Well I suppose as i make my living from music it’s kind of all encompassing something I’ll never change, but as I mentioned football is my one escape but not something my emotions can change.
I think following a lower league team is probably more stressful than Arsenal because they’ve always been at or near the top .
But my other teams after Arsenal have always been Napoli and Catania, now there is something to get worked up about, there’s proper boardroom corruption for you.

1 Like

I get your point about it being senseless supporting a team when you often feel so negative about the experience and complain a lot. I guess I justify it by thinking of Arsenal as something that is part of me and that it’s something that along with fellow fans we all love.

I think of the Kroenkes and their exec and Board teams as something separate, even the players often as nothing more than very well paid mercenaries too unless they show complete respect and dedication to the club and it’s fans while they are here.

I therefore feel it’s ok to criticise them for not looking after my baby (the club in this case) properly. And after all, in my mind at least it’s the fans who generate all the income for the club through match attendance, tv subscriptions and merchandise purchases etc. So for me the fans are the club and the club is the fans.

It becomes bizarre when supporting Arsenal feels like more of a burden than a joy but it’s a bit like an addiction I just can’t give up and if I did (even if I could) I don’t think I’d support anyone else at all.

Having said that when I divorced my ex I was very keen to never remarry again feeling that marriage just wasn’t for me but when I met my second wife I was smitten and I still am 10 years later. Not sure it works the same with football teams for me though.

I used to follow Arsenal home and away and think I’ll be red until the day I die.

2 Likes