Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

KSE have been fine recently. They spent plenty of money last summer and my strong suspicion is that Arteta and Edu are going to be backed again this summer.

The team is actually in fantastic shape from a roster and wage bill perspective. We’ve gotten rid of a ton of shitters and will soon have no really bad contracts anymore assuming Laca actually leaves.

Within about two years we went from having almost no elite young talent at all, a bloated roster, and a huge number of terrible contracts to having lots of young talent, a streamlined roster that just needs a few big additions, and almost no bad contracts. And KSE paid a lot of money to make it happen.

1 Like

When Manager Granit Xhaka leads us into the Championship.

Mate it’s 12 to 18 months from having players poached.

1 Like

So you do blame them, as it’s ownerships responsibility to put the right structures and people in place.

KSE haven’t.

2 Likes

I’m waiting till the summer. I was impressed with our business last year.

Annoying we aren’t going for it this season but I’m not getting worked up about it

3 Likes

Lmao, I guess I do, in a roundabout way.

I just don’t think Stan is a very savvy operator in the soccer world. He got absolutely worked by Ivan and Raul, then inertia allowed Edu to fill that vacuum.

1 Like

The ownership deem finishes of 8th, 8th and 6th ? Acceptable 3 seasons running for a manager to get a contract extension.

Another example of poor ownership.

4 Likes

I completely agree, but we need another big summer. 3-4 really top quality signings required.

I worry about Saka and signing him to a new deal should be a huge priority. But everybody else important is signed at least thru 2025.

I don’t think its a huge problem yet but I agree that if we don’t show real progress by summer 2023 then its going to be an issue.

1 Like

I see these terms like deadwood gone. I look at the players left and see Kola, Holding,Eddie, Laca,Xhaka, Elneny and more on loan and just fucking dispare at the levels of mediocrity.
No fucking hope anytime soon.
Don’t see an Isaak or David radically changing anything soon around here.

1 Like

Kola has gone already.
Holding will be 4th choice CB next season when Saliba returns from loan.
Eddie and Laca will be gone in the summer, as they, along with Elneny, are out of contract.
Xhaka will be sold (at least I hope he will be); and
Leno (who I know you haven’t mentioned), will also be gone and replaced with a backup GK.

That’s the squad cleared and we will then hopefully sign lots of very good replacements.

1 Like

This is what ppl don’t seem to understand either that or they have a selective memory. When we were regularly playing CL football we were having our players poached. Players like Saka and ESR aren’t going to stick around for mid table finishes and no European football. If someone like City or Chelsea come in for them they’ll have one foot out the door. In the mean time Partey will diminish or be alienated by Arteta for something. It’s a constant process rebuilding the team, at some point you’ve got to get your big boi pants on and get some results with what you have.

3 Likes

So about 7 players then. Not a problem I can envisage there.
Let me guess as first excuse. Need time to bed in.

1 Like

No excuses. We need 3-4 top quality additions to the squad, including two strikers. The club will need to spend big again in the summer, but spend smart! Clearing deadwood now helps release funds for the summer recruitment.

Edu must be getting his finger ready to push the “transfer funds” option on his Venmo. He hasn’t really shown himself to be that shrewd of an executive imo. Paying release clauses, paying players to leave, it’s fine if you accept the club had to take its medicine to shed bad deals. Many don’t believe that though and he’s come out of this window looking like a big dummy.

1 Like

3 or 4 top additions correct but you need another couple too.
It’s one hell of a perfect storm too get that many deals and them all working out.
It’s stacked against you really and why even a couple of loan deals for a shot at top 4 was with a punt IMO.

No top player will come here when we won’t be in Europe no matter 4 of them

2 Likes

I am dumbfounded.

It’s not like we’ll get a high draft pick by tanking. Why are we giving up? :arteta:

5 Likes

Its like they’ve went

Oh no! We aren’t supposed to be here. What do we do. Sell all the backups so we go back to were we thought we would be

1 Like

Are you sure Josh knows that?

1 Like