Kieran Tierney (Signed and completed)

I’m all for this. Young, highly rated fullback with the best years ahead of him, with experience of playing for a massive club.

Hopefully solves the LB area for a number of years. Love that he’s a Scot too

6 Likes

Another plus is that he is a winner. He’s used to winning. He’s used to being part of a team who dominate matches. Hopefully he can translate some of that onto our bunch of losers!

3 Likes

I like the idea of loading this squad with as many promising U25 talents tbh.

4 Likes

I agree…it may be the cheapest way to rebuild the squad. It means we are going to have to wait longer to be able to challenge but if we can keep the group together it could be a successful approach longer term.

Good LB’s are a very rare things in the market… and Kieran Tierney is one of them. Arsenal are certainly searching a replacement for Monreal and a better contender for Kolašinac, even if isn’t an urgent priority like the BTBM and the CB.

It’s easy to win when your only competition gets relegated a few divisions :slight_smile:

1 Like

It will be interesting to see what Celtic’s valuation of him is. 15m is obviously too low but anything above 30m and we won’t be in for him any longer so let’s hope they’re sensible.

What’s his contract situation?

I like the idea of signing a 22yo already with an inbuilt winners mentality, he’d have a shock coming here tho with our fans and the player culture we have

Interesting to know where he ranked in our list of transfer targets in the summer relative to Fraser, Carrasco etc

That doesn’t really matter lol he’s a winner. He has experience of the pressure of having to win every game for a big club.

@Robin_L 2023

I haven’t seen much of him so I can’t really comment, but considering we don’t pay up for top class finished products I don’t mind going for young guys with room to grow, plus LB is a position we really need an upgrade so hopefully he is.

I don’t need to brush they’re flawless regardless

1 Like
1 Like

that sounds like a fair offer

Well, it’s not his knees so worries. Hip issues treatments have progressed very well, he should be fine.

20m and a couple of add ons should get it done alright you’d imagine.

Even better if we can throw in Jenkinson as part of the deal as has been reported…

:giroud2:

15m + Jenkinson would be terrific.

I thought his contract is up this summer, so they’d be stupid to accept that, right?

He’s only played pretend football, I don’t get the excitement.

2 Likes

He’s a winner! Look at his medals!