Jude Bellingham

With Valverde, Camavinga and Tchuomemi (spelling), that would be stockpiling. Wouldn’t put it past them though.

Bellingham has City written all over him sadly.

Yeh was gonna say the same, City are in need of an overhaul in midfield and he fits the bill perfectly for them.

I’m really interested in who our CM priority is. Not sure about this Daniel lad from Brasil.

I see your point, but Modric is 300 years old, Casemiro just left and Kroos has 10 good games a season and is a bit of a traffic cone without the ball, they need more midfielders, the ones you list are young and drop in and out of form and Real go late in every cup every season so I suspect that rotating all of them is not going to be a problem. Camavinga for example hasn’t been as good so far this season as he was last season.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Oh absolutely, we are in the conversation, we should be in the conversation.

But its been so long since we have been able to be in the conversation for these top players moving that I still have that doubt it could actually happen.

Is a one-sided conversation still a conversation? :laughing:

Absofuckinglutely!!

We might be a club at the top of the PL and in form but we need a quality CM and wide player so the board aren’t going to give Arteta 100m or more for just one player.

We’ll also be competing with every other top European club so we’re not going to outbid the likes of Man City and we don’t have the lure of Real Madrid.

But we can definitely get Maddison for a fraction of the price. :grinning:

Different players but I’d be all over Maddison Coming in. If we’re serious about challenging City we need that marquee signing that we arguably haven’t had since Bergkamp. Arshavin was probably the closest but there were probably doubts as to whether he was in a purple patch or genuinely world class.

Liverpool made statements in VVD and Allison, possibly Thiago as well.

United tried with Pogba, Lukaku and, Varane and C. Ron.

Chelsea have tried and failed numerous times. The latest attempts being Koulibaly and Sterling who are both seen as amongst the best in their position.

Bellingham is arguably the best cm in his age category world wide - it would be a major statement of where the club is heading.

With that being said, if it’s a choice of 100m on Bellingham or the same being spent bringing in say Tielemans/Danilo Maddison and Zaha/Mudryk, it’s a tough decision. Think I’d go Bellingham though.

1 Like

What entails a marquee signing in your view? Liverpool have gone out and bought who they needed. Arsenal have been doing that (Gabriel Jesus).

I agree that we need a marquee signing but with the recent record spending it’s unlikely the board will spend 100m on Bellingham, who is more likely to go Man City anyway.

So I’d prefer to buy Maddison and a CM rather than spend the same on just Bellingham.

Maybe not in terms of the end outcome (challenging for or winning the league), but Ozil and Sanchez were deffo marquee signings when made imo.

5 Likes

Sanchez was an incredible buy. I was out my nut buzzing when they announced it

I think Partey was a marquee signing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are absolutely correct. I apologise, Ozil was 100% a marquee signing. Probably our biggest ever. Don’t know how I forgot this.

Think it can either be a statement (steal a player from a top club) or a coveted big name. It hurts to even speak about it, but RVP joining United was such a statement. So was Liverpool breaking the record for a defender for VVD.
IF we doubled our transfer record to buy say a Bellingham, it would be a huge statement.

Weirdly I don’t see Nunez as a marquee signing, just expensive although he might turn out to be brilliant.

Partey, Jesus and Zinchenko are top players - I’d consider the first two World class. Not sure they’re marquee though.

1 Like

-----------------------Jesus-----------------------
Martinelli----------Odegaard--------------Saka
----------Musiala------------Bellingham---------

This is our future for the next decade

1 Like

God, I hope not. We’d concede 5 a game.

we will score 8 to cover that :slight_smile:

2 Likes