Joe Willock

I always have more respect for the kids who take a step down but are really just backing themselves to perform, much more than those who say they want to fight for a place at a big club but really just want to stick around in their comfort zone and never get on the pitch.

9 Likes

Best for all parties really. All the best to him at Newcastle.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if I should put him in my FF team.

Just saw this.
Good luck to him. Better than many give him credit for.

3 Likes

His older brother Chris was the same leaving us to go to Benfica for a few years, that family is made of the right stuff.

1 Like

Didnā€™t rate the lad really but his instagram post made me sad. All the best Joe, smash it at Newcastle and come home.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Fuck itā€™s astounding that run of form he went on late last season, this seasons form is what I expect from Joseph Willock.

2 Likes

I think Bruce wasnā€™t helping him as heā€™s being playing a lot deeper compared to last season which is pointless for a player of his type but yeah itā€™s good we took the money.

Heā€™s not that caliber of player.

10 Likes
3 Likes

To be fair to Willock, he doesnā€™t seem to be playing as far forward as he was last season.

Since Howe has taken over, heā€™s played Willock in a 2-man midfield. You canā€™t play Joe Willock in a 2-man midfield.

2 Likes

Yeah heā€™s a 4-3-3 or nothing for me.

1 Like

There were actually quite a few cries to keep him. Definitely a lesson to always sell unless they look generational. Shame we didnā€™t pocket AMNā€™s funds in a similar fashion.

5 Likes

Or 4-2-3-1 with him in behind.

He canā€™t be made to have too much defensive responsibility, itā€™s pointless and takes away from the player he is.

Glad we cashed in though, nothing more than a purple patch.

2 Likes

Said at the time this was great business, some people thought weā€™d sold too cheap lmaooooo

Willock and his crew(Nelson, Sancho, Rashford, etc) all having a mare of a season. What the fuck are they doing during their free time?

Not even recorded one assist over the last two seasons.

20/21 14 games 8 goals
21/22 29 games 2 goals
22/23 25 games 7 goals?

The Ozil Bounce

4 Likes

But but I thought he was a goal scoring midfielder and Arteta should get sacked for shipping him??

One of the few good pieces of business done along with the ox and iwobi sales.

5 Likes