João Félix

If we sign a talent like Felix you’d feel the earth move under your feet for sure.

3 Likes

Don’t gas me

Edit: eurgh the above sounds vile coming from a Scotsman.

Pls change to: I don’t want to get my hopes up

It’s not as far as I know.

Sometimes I forget you genuinely think you’re ITK

6 Likes

Aint we all!!

Anything reliable on Félix?

Lol, I’m not “in the know”.
I do know the source mentioned isn’t very reliable.

3 Likes

The Athletic bit is the most reliable bit we’ve got about us and Felix and quite frankly, it’s not enough to get crazy over. They said that some top level people in recruitment think Arsenal will be a good fit for him.

His agency is pushing him to Villa as we know.

Di Marzio suggested he wants to go to PSG himself, which is no surprise.
I thought myself that’s his most probable destination, still do.
Campos is there, he is trying to freshen up the team and they can actually afford him.

1 Like

The only reliable news about Felix is that he is still Portuguese.

1 Like

We aren’t getting Felix. Be under no illusions though, Felix is a Partey or Jesus level signing.

1 Like

Will we sign him in January (on loan)?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I can’t see us paying what Atlético is asking in terms of loan fee and wages, but that’s probably just their initial ask.

It would cost like 14m to have the player for 5 months.

When we loaned Odegaard for a half season the total cost in fee and wages was about 2.5m.

We’re in a different place now as a club but I don’t see us paying 14m for half a season just to give the player back.

1 Like

The only way I could see us doing that is if there was a plan to sign the player permanently and the 14 million was a factor in making that happen.

7 Likes

Agreed. I think the club will prioritize Mudryk for the time being. Depending on how we fair over the next couple of weeks on the field and also how Jesus, ESR and Nelson are recovering we may take further action, likely it’ll be later on in the window.

Btw, it’s been rumoured before Duncan Castles is close to Mendes. Very likely his report is a way of Mendes trying to drive up the interest for him.

1 Like

Yeah it has the unmistakable odor of an agent trying to placate a client in a unhappy situation. But if you’re a potential buyer, there’s little incentive to do anything other than wait.

1 Like

The good news: I’m pretty sure we can get Felix.

The bad news:

6 Likes

It’s going to hurt seeing him in a United shirt.

Really? Is he a lone striker? Always thought he was a support striker.

Yeah feel like mendes is more interested in Felix at arsenal than arsenal are.

1 Like