January Transfer window thread

Smart choice would be going to Bayern

2 Likes

@AbouCuellar do you know anything about this lad?

1 Like

Would be genius move PR-wise to announce Arteta plus a signing lol

1 Like

Football manager tells me he is left footed 5ft 9 plays Cam but also plays well as an inverted winger.

He is fast and good at passing with a very high determination attribute.

Very weak, very low aggression and very low stamina.

Fm is Gospel.

Denis Suarez then :pires2:

1 Like

So cheap then.

Nope, just followed the links and it’s Estado Deportivo (Sevilla newspaper) which has linked us with him (though says nothing about Arteta bringing him, the article is from a few days ago and just says that Arsenal has been one of the clubs recently most interested, so it’s likely interest that predates Arteta, unless he was one of the names mentioned on Sunday and Estadio Deportivo quickly picked up on the interest some time from Mon-Tuesday–unlikely but I guess not impossible), apparently he shone for Spain in the recent El Algarve U18 tournament.

Here’s a thread on him I found by following the link that was posted in the Estadio Deportivo article:

I’m all for a young prospect signing, but Spanish wingers are not my favourites nowadays…even the really special ones like Asensio need to be super special to really stand out long-term and might not make it, seems like you need a bit more pace and explosion in a winger these days for them to really make a difference, and it’s pointless looking for the next Iniesta because he’s just an anomaly, and probably isn’t as successful as he was anyways unless under the tactical set-up he was under Barça and accompanied by special players like Messi. This kid reminds me a little bit of a left-footed Ferrán Torres, and while Ferrán is doing well for Valencia I don’t really ever see him being a player for a top club.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TransferChecker/status/1207748543936651270?s=19

:pires2:

Apparently from the Nacho sale, we have a first option to buy a RS player.

3 Likes

Was brilliant on FM

I dreamt that Arteta brought Aguero with him last night

1 Like

Actions speak louder than dreams!!

4 Likes

Has to be movement both ways in this window for us to see the level of intent of support by the board for the new regime. Fact is we cant not do nothing in any of the next few windows.
Last year’s January Suarez loan cost us dearly.

1 Like

Fantastic back in the days in FM

2 Likes

Why? :sweat_smile:
Feels so random. Like someone felt nostalgic about FIFA 14 or something.

not our level atm, he was getting some goals for a couple of seasons but partly because Bailey, Havertz and Brandt were playing good football, he’s not entirely harmless or anything but not good enough for us from what I’ve seen and what we should be going for if we, for whatever reason, apparently want to sign another forward. when we can’t even fit the ones we have on the pitch together lol

Probably agent talk but if we are in for him Auba will be sold. He has 18 months on his contract so probably available.

1 Like

If we are going to start a rebuild project let’s not do it with someone his age unless they’re named Neymar.

1 Like

What happened to the Auba to Madrid rumours, remember reading some BS that Jovic could be used as a makeweight.

How has he been doing at Madrid this season?

1 Like

This sounds great until they start offering us ÂŁ5m or a loan with an option to buy based on appearances made.

8 Likes