January Transfer window thread

Messi against Kola in the CL then next round. Hows that work out.:joy::joy:

1 Like

The sign for the Arsenal transfer window department:

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.18.26

1 Like

Unless weā€™re losing a forward, Volland doesnā€™t seem a good idea.

Dayot Upamecano, Evan Nā€™Dicka (promising CB + comedy potential for pairing with Holding), Max Aarons and Joshua Vagnoman should be our back 4 of the future. Iā€™d take another season of mid-table for the opportunity to start building something special.

We pretty much need him with Tierney out until when?

A new RB is very necessary. Aarons just signed a new deal so itā€™s unlikely in Jan

We shouldā€™ve gone for Max Aarons earlier, but Iā€™m not sure that is the position Iā€™d worry the most aboutā€¦ we need help in CB, DM, CM, wide attack, and probably striker when Auba/Laca f*ck offā€¦

???

We got Alvesey Maitland Niles

I know you are joking a bit, but imho RB is one of the less urgent positions atmā€¦ we have Bellerin, who despite all the hate, is decent enough - nothing special, but ok. He will be back from injury.

We also have capable (not great, but capable) cover in AMN and Chambersā€¦ most teams donā€™t really have great options after their first choice wide backs.

We know we have limited fundsā€¦ we need to invest where we have massive holes in quality/depth: CB, CM, wide attack primarily, and soon striker when Auba flees.

3 Likes

I genuinely think AMN can be an accomplished RB lol

Was part joke part truth.

Perhaps heā€™ll ask the fullbacks/one of the fullbacks to come inside. Youā€™d think AMN, who did start as a midfielder, would be perfect for this.

At least Iā€™d be curious to see that.

ā€“

Think this squad badly needs a creative type in January. Never replaced either Iwobi or Mkhitaryan with a similar type of player. Ɩzil is hopeless and Ceballos doesnā€™t want to receive it high up the pitch.

2 Likes

Chambers/AMN arenā€™t competent depth/competition for Hector whose performance level has dipped massively.

We should be looking for someone capable of displacing Hector at this stage. Considering the level of talent we need at CB/CM those signing, if any, are likely to come in the summer after Arteta has assessed the squad not Jan

Check this out:

I know I know, stats.

But for me he passes the eye test too.

Sure he has looked dodgy at times. But so has the rest of the defence. Other times he has really performed there.

Chambers isnā€™t a RB. But AMN is.

1 Like

AMN isnā€™t a RB for me.

Doesnā€™t have the sense for danger or positional awareness, we can and should do much better than him in any position.

I thought that too but he has performed a lot better there this season.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be happy to be proven wrong but would like to see us sign Sidibe from under Everton and be done with it.

Yeah - I think for me the issue is ā€œneither of these guys are relied upon for starting roleā€ - Chambers and AMN can play there in a pinch (esp AMN), and do ok when we donā€™t have Bellerin, but they should not be judged on starting quality metricsā€¦

We simply do not have the luxury (nor does it really work in practice anyway) to have two or three starting-quality players in wide defensive position.

Sidibe is a good option, and I thought we desperately needed a RB in the summer too.

But other areas (AM, CB, CM?, future replacements for Auba, Laca) should be priorities.

I think Hector is actually pretty good defensively, but against conventional wisdom, I believe AMN is better offensively.

They both could develop into something special (tbh Iā€™m beginning to wonder whether AMN should just start there even if Bellerin is fit.)

Whoever it is, teach them in the art of cutbacks again.

1 Like

Fair enough, I think RB is a key area to strengthen for us tbh

Bellerin has been wholly unconvincing and simply doensā€™t look up to it physically and that was before the ACL and AMN is a sqaud player at best.

Ideally want to see someone of Tierneyā€™s quality on the other flank, both Bellering and AMN donā€™t meet such criteria. Both will probably be given a chance to own that spot under Arteta though but Iā€™m thinking itā€™s ultimately a waste of time.

I know youā€™re thinking what iā€™m thinking.

:pray:

@Darkseid check this out from the article I linked:

3 Likes

Tbf, AMNs stats like Lenoā€™s will have been greatly benefited for playing in a defensive, low table club set up :crazy_face:

2 Likes