January Transfer window thread

Salah’s a busy man! @Bl1nk @Stroller :joy:

1 Like

Hazard to Chelsea for £19m…

1 Like

Can we just leave this cunty shite to cunts on Facebook?

First letter of your name and month you were born in? Get tae fuck

11 Likes

Fucking mon en mate

Ronaldo to psg for 38 million

Gimme your PIN n all while yer at it pal

1 Like

Messi to Barca for £15m!! This thing works great!

Varane to Real Madrid for €4 million lol

Neuer to BVB for 88 million :eyes:.

Reus to Barcellona :wenger:

1 Like

Is loaning with an obligation to buy the new trend? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Raul says yes.

Much prefer this to the Perisic deal.

1 Like

The format of this January:

• Arsenal make loan offer for Player X
  • Player X/Player X’s girlfriend drops huge hint on Instagram to confirm Arsenal move
  • Deal is off, Arsenal told to get fucked

Edit: My 2 cents - with the players we’ve targetted, I’d rather go into Feb and start a proper rebuild in the summer. Atm all feels a bit desperate and rash.

4 Likes

Good deal… too bad we can’t muster any Xfer funds

Malcom would be lot easier to stomach

1 Like

Even if Perisic might have a bigger impact for the remaining 4 months I rather have Malcom.

2 Likes

What if it is? Hear me out for a second.

I remember Arsene saying last year that players running down their contracts will become more common. I also remember a lot of people (myself included) thinking that he was trying to save face after the club botched the Alexis situation. But what if he was right?

Transfer fees are out of control. I’m sure it won’t be long until we see the first 300m GBP player but only a few clubs can actually afford those types of fees and the selling club faces a somewhat difficult task of replenishing their squad while at the same time having everyone else know that they have a bunch of money to burn.

In the same vein, a transfer fee of 70m for a player with potential is the type of purchase that might not ruin a Real Madrid but could ruin a club like Dortmund, Sevilla, Napoli or dare I say, Arsenal.

The solution is a try before you buy. I kind of see the loan with an obligation to purchase in two ways:

1. A player with immense talent like Mbappe being loaned to PSG to skirt financial rules
  2. A player with possible value for the buying club being loaned to the buying club in a way that also benefits the selling club (i.e.: pay that guy’s wages and give him a platform to demonstrate his talents with a view to a possible move)

There’s just so much money at stake in world soccer that I think clubs would be more willing to do loans than make permanent transfers. A 5m loan fee for Perisic is totally worth it if we have the ability to try him out in our team for the next four months and realize that he’s either the missing piece to our offense or not suited to the English league before we pay 35m for a guy who may not have a ton left in the tank.

1 Like

Modric to Chelsea for 86 million, could happen. if this was 5 years ago