January Transfer window thread

No but atleast we’ll be able to outscore sides better than we can now, so it will help overall

2 Likes

Yeah well it would improve us no doubt, just don’t think it would improve us anywhere near enough to make top 4.

I doubt one signing gets us top 4 as the other sides are better in terms of structure and players. Slightly improves the chance of europa.
Just has to be a defender coming in or where pretty screwed.

1 Like

It would be a big lift to the club to go out and get a top CB that is not only a good player but a leader as well, a bit like the effect VVD had when he went to Liverpool.

I know it’s not going to happen, so rather waste money on yet another average defender, we might as well wait until the next window and get a top quality CB, LB and winger then.

Why would Chelsea give a direct rival any help, knowing that an experienced CB is exactly what we need?
Especially after just beating them.

Money. If it nets them ten million quid between saved wages and a fee for a player they’re very unlikely to use why wouldn’t they do it.

Mata and Matic went to united though and im not sure he would be the definitive reason on who finishes higher between the two sides tbh.

Top clubs don’t really seem to care about dealing with each other anymore especially when they themselves do not rate the player.

Plus as in the case of Cech it would be a gesture of green lighting a move for his years of service.

Fuck off Daily Mirror. Shit cunt paper

But if Cahill makes any difference to our defence and we beat Chelsea to fourth place by a point, then selling Cahill to us would be a big mistake.
I really don’t think Chelsea need a 10m transfer fee to pay for new players.

John Cross is such a berk.

3 Likes

Basic calculus of CL placement really - I tend to agree with you they probably feel either way they are favorites and this won’t make that much difference, so why not “sell high” at this point and pocket some money to add to their massive warchest this summer when they sell Hazard.

RB from Napoli

1 Like

Sounds promising. Emery is so direct compared to Cagey Arsene :hipster:

3 Likes

Clearly telling the club to act. Love it.

Maybe that’s the point tho, he’s not considered good enough for them but would be acceptable for us in our desperate state as a short term fix.

He’s better than Mustafi and Lichtsteiner, but not by all that much. He’d slot into our defence but wouldn’t do a lot to improve us imo. Chelsea killing us with kindness, if you like

Messi to Liverpool for 57M :eyes:

3 Likes

Thats okay cal because ive got Mo going to united for 34 mill.

1 Like

Mo Salah to Besiktas for €3,000,000 :joy:

2 Likes