January Transfer window thread

Yeah I have no problem with a loan, like I said, I think he’s a good player. It’s the £35m (that we wouldn’t be able to recoup) and the likely high salary for a 30 year old when we already have quite a few players of a similar age who’ll need replacing in a couple of years that I would be a bit iffy about. But if it’s just the loan then i’m fully on board.

2 Likes

We really need CL this year and if he improves us to the point we can reach top four then he’s absolutely worth 35million.

His age doesn’t bother me when you realise it’s our young players holding us back. Last night Iwobi had one of the most awful performances I’ve seen in a long time, everything he did was naive and competely devoid of purpose and belief. Put Perisic in his position and give him that much of the ball and its different game imo.

8 Likes

He’s a good player and would certainly make our attack more dangerous but at his age there would be no resale value.

I wonder if this is an indication that Emery has given up even bothering to sort our defence because he has realised it’s pointless and is just going to concentrate on outscoring the opposition. :grin:

Pretty sure he gave up on our defence long ago once he started playing Xhaka there.

1 Like

Perisic is quite two-footed too which is an underrated attribute. Would be a decent signing.

2 Likes

Would love this even if I’m not his biggest fan. He’s a big enough upgrade on our existing side options for this to be a good loan with an option to buy

2 Likes

He’s a very good player; the only thing that worries me is that he’ll be 30 in a few weeks so we’re potentially adding yet another player to our wage bill who will have a season or two left at top level and will decrease in value quickly.

If he comes in and helps us get into the CL though, then he’s worth it that’s for sure.

Love how we’ve done a complete 180 and just sign players mid to late 20’s now haha

It’s not a great signing from a resale perspective but I always find it funny how many people think players turn to shit as soon as they hit 30.

9 Likes

Exactly. Not that I’m overly excited by this signing, but iirc wasn’t Santi also 29 when we signed him from Malaga? If you get the right guy, age doesn’t matter.

4 Likes

If we sign Perisic then Mkhi is done. Similar players, only that Perisic is miles better.

1 Like

As soon as they hit 30 they get red arrows just like FM.

5 Likes

But he is still 29 though…that is how it works :giroud: :henry2:

:joy::joy::joy: @Electrifying

2 Likes

As a Croatian gooner i would be delighted if this happened, he is a true winger, great pace and crossing quality, as already mentioned he is two footed so can be used on both wings.

My biggest concern is his his tendency to disappear and have dips in form, this happend for club and Croatian national team, when he is playing well he is one of the best at his position tbf.

He’ll be in good company here then.
We’ve got some players who’s dip in form has lasted several seasons so I doubt if he’s any worse than them.
With the rumours of Perisic, Suarez and Nkunku, it seems as if Emery is prioritising the midfield positions rather than the defence.

I would have thought that given our defenders are either useless or injured, he would have been on the look out for a CB and RB at least on loan.

Man just end the window already.
Recall Chambers, Nelson or something

2 Likes

Cazorla was 27.

Yeah. The thing is he’s not.

1 Like

To the people saying if he improves us enough to make top 4 he’s worth it, now he’s a pretty decent player but he isn’t going to stop us conceding 50 goals per season.