January Transfer window thread

Didnt know the emirates deal was about to expire also, so that should be a nice sum to add also they say it could be 50m or so a season add that to adidas and also dropping 500k a week or our wage bill summer could be better than we expect.

At what point will this fucking club wakeup and realize that weā€™re going to have to speculate to accumulate? Weā€™re losing money being out the CL, but you canā€™t get back in it unless you spendā€¦

1 Like

Why do we have no money? It sounds like we are about to go bankrupt :xhaka2:

Fucking cowboy :bellend:

Seems like this every transfer window aswell.

1 Like

119.500 for Kolasinac? WTF!?

70 mil ahahah? You buy nothing with this budget these days.

Knock Kroenke down. He is ruining us.

1 Like

This is an unpleasant update. The idea that weā€™re supposed to make a run at Top 4 this year by only really adding some stopgaps and Torreira is insane.

What I donā€™t know is if Emery thought he would be able to integrate Ɩzil into the team a little bit better.

1 Like

why wont people read that article it explains what is going on in there

1 Like

Last January we had madness this January we have sadness :disappointed:

6 Likes

Thought we went down a new, amazing, exciting path when we signed Auba. Mad times. Now weā€™re broke and can only get loan deals or injured Kallstroms.

I want January 2018 back.

2 Likes

Ridiculous stance by the club which is nothing more than some backwards attempt at negotiating poorly. I can see in Arsenalā€™s mind they put this nonsense out there so they can loan Suarez then throw some money Carrasco after and come out of it thinking they are transfer magicians.

Why canā€™t we just have a little pride and go about our business with some self respect, everything we do reaps of the bloke who turns up to the welfare office in his Maserati.

I think weā€™re going to get some decent business done this month but like always we suck any of the fun out of it, if itā€™s true that we do have some FFP restraints then I donā€™t want to hear we have no money to spend I want to hear why our club is in such a shambles and what they are going to do to fix it long term.

3 Likes

I would have to take the trustworthiness of this extract with a pinch of salt when it starts with a claim that Leno is 22 years old. (Heā€™s 26).

4 Likes

You canā€™t speculate to accumulate if FFP is stopping us spending or increasing wages.

1 Like

People really need to read thisā€¦

Kroenke was a board member for years prior to FFP kicking in and his full takeover, something like from 2008-2012 when we lived on peanuts and he didnā€™t do anything about it. No one on the board did while the media pretended we had a ā€œwarchestā€ full of money. I even think he could push in plenty now as well just circumvent the failing FFP, like all other teams who want to do, but he doesnā€™t. Thatā€™s why Usmanov was talking about how if he took over he would push in the moolah no problem.

We spend what we make, that has been our transfer policy for at least 10-15 years, it was nothing while we built the Emirates, itā€™s probably something like Ā£40-50m nowadays. Heā€™s the only one who is on the board and can/could push in more money so that we didnā€™t have to end up like this, and he didnā€™t.

Itā€™s about as convenient for him to say it is because of FFP as it was for him to have Wenger here who was willing to work with nearly nothing for years while taking the heat from fans who are into consipiracy theories who didnā€™t get it. As for now weā€™re stuck with what we make and we already spent something like Ā£60-70m so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if thatā€™s it for this season.

Think we have to face the fact football is used for money laundering or for the rich to put their money into some form of asset, which pays dividends whilst offloading debt on it.

How the hell a club like Spurs spend so much money over the years even more than us and who win fuck all stay afloat and afford to build a new stadium? Do the maths people.

So Kroenke will never put money into the club, We just have to hope we have good directors who can make good deals for us.

DAMNIT WENGER YOU ARROGANT OLD GIT SPEND SOME FUCKING MONEY &#&#&#*!^+^Ɨ_Ć·< SWISSZZ RAMBLEZZ CASH RESERVEZZZ WENGERZZ FAULT!!!

2 Likes