James Maddison

Getting back to his best. Still one we might have an interest in or has that ship sailed with the way our attacking mids are performing?

1 Like

Arteta can’t truly inherit the Pep mantle until he buys an expensive attacking midfielder to fix his centre forward problem.

7 Likes

Think ol’ Henry is going a bit OTT there. Maddison has been better lately, but that isn’t difficult considering he went through a period where he barely represented a footballer.

Think Henry is wrong about him being good off the ball. I’m not seeing that at all. And diving is still a big part of his game.

Put it this way, I’m not having second thoughts about not going in for him.

1 Like

Yeh that’s called being injured

1 Like

Oh aren’t you a comedian

1 Like

Maddison has been immense and he’s the one that I wanted in the summer. Odegaard has been class recently though and ESR has been unreal this season. The ship has sailed.

1 Like

Ship has sailed lad. Too late to join Mikel’s Gunners.

There’s a guy who looks exactly like James Maddison in every college bar in America.

11 Likes

He’s heading up the A46 to join Stevie Cooper’s Red Army instead.

1 Like

Very good footballer. I wanted him last summer and would have happily seen us drop 60m. Odegaard has been a smart signing though. Maddison deserves a move to a Champions League club, but I don’t see any openings for him.

2 Likes

Maddison to Spurs ??

I think Conte would like him, but he probably has other targets for the position. I think he’d be a good signing for Liverpool, but they’ll probably just blood in Jones and Elliott.

There’s room here. Never seen it as Odegaard or him.

1 Like

He said he deserves a CL club.

1 Like

Would have been one with him.

4 Likes

I still don’t think so with our striking options being relegation standard tbh

Agree on that but a proactive midfield and we have improved goals wise there this season, wins us a few more games.

1 Like

Exactly this.

City look “blunter” than us without Vardy (I know that sort of does a disservice to Nacho, but Nacho was better last season than this)

The difference is, Maddison is popping up with goals for them. Great player.

I think Tielemans is the one who might “get in the way” in our midfield if we signed him.

Having said all that, Dewsbury Hall or Barnes would be my preferences from Leicester.

2 Likes

DH or Barnes would be great buys. I really wouldn’t shy away from Maddison either. Another goalscoring AM wouldn’t hurt us at all. Great depth to have too!

I don’t see ESR being a player that goes through a season playing 90 after 90, so we can afford to add another couple of wide forward’s/AM’s.

2 Likes